New Vegan Need help with diet

Im a new vegan, i need help with diet, i weigh train 5 days a week high intensity low volume, i also wrestle 4 days a week. im about 175lbs and 12% bodyfat my LBM is about 155

the dumb question people always ask is where can i get more protein. which is my question but i do not want to use soy or any powders i wanna get it from whole foods only.

Im currently leaning out and am in a deficit eating 2200kcals a day.

i want to get about 125grams of protein minimum and 350grams carbs and 40grams of fat can you plz help me out.

food choices are as follows

Veggies

Oats

Fruits

Garbonzo beans

black beans

quinoa

wild and brown rice

and im open to anything else

im new to this so anything helps than you

No soy? Because you think its bad or because you don't want processed foods like tofu? Just because edamame are pretty high in protein, and they're soy, but not processed. And while it is still processed to an extent, tempeh is much less processed than tofu, and its also fermented, so people who have soy sensitivities tend to not react to it nearly as much (if at all).

Are you open to using wheat gluten flour? I know its a flour, so yes it is processed, but its really high in protein, and you can make a whole lot more stuff with it.

Oh, pumpkin seeds have a decent amount of protein (and magnesium)! I love them. So do soynuts...but again, if you aren't doing soy, they'd be out of the picture. Hemp seeds have a decent amount of protein. Peas are pretty high in protein as far as veggies go...which is why they make good protein powder, I guess. Also, you don't have to just eat chickpeas and black beans, how boring. There are tons of other kinds of beans out there. While you already have some grains listed, if you get bored you can always branch out to things like oat bran, amaranth, millet, etc. You don't have nuts listed at all, are you trying to avoid them? Almonds have the most protein.

Good luck on reaching your goal numbers. It might be difficult if you are only eating fruits, veg, nuts, and grains, but nothing is impossible. I'm sure if you keep seeking out high protein vegan foodstuffs you'll get a good base of high protein things that you like and you'll be able to make it work.

thanks for the replies i may use some seeds i was thinking just using flax seed for omegas though not really much others. i may up my calories to hit my numbers. im just coming from the old low carb hype so in my mind im still scared to gain fat, im fairly lean now here a pretty recent pic.

on the bridge im the one on the right, and the other is a back pic.

so far im enjoying the diet, i just am scared from the old dogma which i was part of so im working on trying to hit my number as to not stress out lol

thanks again

~AJ

6768_99937808978_652013978_1954821_1633172_n.jpg.388e79c4c462d9298a449ed593e8dcbf.jpg

1704609526_TinasProtienShake036.jpg.e6c3a8056a8fddcf430bffb3858eecad.jpg

Looking strong, a2thej2008!

125g of protein is a piece of piss. According to my ingenious calculations, 100g oats, 200g lentils, 200g split yellow peas, 30g flax seeds and 30g peanut butter will give you 1950 calories, 123g protein, 288g carbs and 37g fat, so if you make up the rest of your diet with veggies and a bit of fruit, you'll get even more protein, carbs and easily meet your daily vitamin and mineral targets (I added broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. and CRON-O-METER gave me 2200 cal, 138g protein, 340g carbs and 40g fat) Although I would recommend to up the fat intake to at least 60g/day - you certainly need that much to support your endocrine system, etc. Going to extremes (low-carb, low-fat, low-whatever) usually brings sub-optimal results.

Also, adding things like spirulina, chlorella, etc. to the diet would jack your protein intake even higher. Soy and/or protein shakes are deffinitely not necessary if 125g of protein/day is what you aim for. Personally, I get 200-260g protein/day from mostly whole foods (with a little bit of wheat germ thrown in for good measure) when I'm bulking, so getting (more than) enough protein on a vegan diet is certainly no problem at all Also, I feel you on the low-carb thing - for some time, I also thought it was the best thing ever... until I looked at it more in-depth and discovered it was based on a handful of good research and a mountain of bullshit

If you have any more questions - feel free to ask, man!

Good luck and congrats on becoming vegan!

I live under the mantra that carbs are your friend. I eat upwards of 450g carbs a day been doing it for 4 weeks now and in fact have lost body fat and gained lean muscle increasing my weight by 3.5 lbs. I don't think i would have anywhere near the energy to come close to finishing my workouts without these carbs. Everyone is different but I have always been against maintaining a low carb lifestyle I just see no health benefits whatsoever.

I live under the mantra that carbs are your friend. I eat upwards of 450g carbs a day been doing it for 4 weeks now and in fact have lost body fat and gained lean muscle increasing my weight by 3.5 lbs. I don't think i would have anywhere near the energy to come close to finishing my workouts without these carbs. Everyone is different but I have always been against maintaining a low carb lifestyle I just see no health benefits whatsoever.

Right there with you. On low carb diets i get little to no strength/ muscle gains even when my calories/ protein are where there need to be.

^^Thanks for the help, how do those measurements workout to cups? like 100grams of oats is like how much? and same with the lentils and peas. ya i could up that fat to 60grams too no problem

200g of lentils/peas is about 1/2 a cup, I suppose... Although I'd never used to measure my food intake by way of cups - I always prefered digital food scales, so maybe someone else can help you with that.

what do u do to lean out? just cardio and calorie deficit?

Calorie deficit, cardio and lifting. Now I'm doing Lyle McDonald's "Ultimate Diet 2.0". It would take quite a lot of time to describe it, but I can send you a pdf. copy if you want. It's less than 100 pages and easy to read. Although, it requires that you go low-carb for about half a week, so if you're trying to find a way to cut with higher carbs, it may not be appropriate for you.