music you listen to while working out :P?

vegeteen

haha i was meaning to start a thread like this for a while but just didn't.

I always listen to music when I'm working out;

Propagandhi/Strike Anywhere/Rentokill are my favs...sometime rise against and older thrice stuff. Fast and turn it up loud.

I find it helps me get psyched up for heavier weights.

Tried working out without music before, wasn't right for me

Allegiance, terror, balance, guns up!, hårda tider, earth crisis, path of resistance, chain of strength, mouthpiece, sportswear etc etc. Hardcore rules!

You sir, have excellent taste in music! Now throw in some Judge, Death Threat, Ten Yard fight and Champion and I'll start breaking faces

Allegiance, terror, balance, guns up!, hårda tider, earth crisis, path of resistance, chain of strength, mouthpiece, sportswear etc etc. Hardcore rules!

You sir, have excellent taste in music! Now throw in some Judge, Death Threat, Ten Yard fight and Champion and I'll start breaking faces

Back at you. Ten yard fight is awesome workout music! Or just sports in general. Death Threat is waaaay awesome! Did you see them this summer too? Judge? How could I not mention them. A SLAVE TO SEX AND YOU TELL ME YOU'RE PURE!

Everything I listen to is done on the way to train - once I'm there, I'm at the mercy of whatever XM station they have it turned to as I just can't train with headphones (and earbuds don't work in my gigantic ears )

My latest favorite that gets played twice on the way there, just enough time to cover the trip -

Puts me in a fine pre-lifting trance to get my focus ready.

Usually, when I train I can just ignore whatever's on, except for those stupid freakin' people on phones at the gym that get me chapped when I have to listen to their inane chatter about where they're going to go drinking afterward.

Though, last week I had a fine time when someone left the station on the easy listening channel and I nearly lost it when I had to listen to Dan Fogelberg's "Leader of the Band". While I may have come to the realization after all these years that it was an ode to his father, it nearly made what little testosterone I had left go flying right out the window!

ok, I just listened to Propagandhi for the first time because a lot of people seem to like them...

WOW!! Where have been?! They are awesome! Thanks for the suggestions!

Propagandhi was my favorite band in middle school, I had no idea that they were vegan until this thread. Nothing better than a good surprise. I don't have anything of theirs besides 'how to clean everything'. Time to update my collection!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...