Which type of protein powder do you use?

Veganeu

Thanks to my workouts I have a growing supplement stash. Right now I have Vegan Proteins+, Jarrow's Brown Rice protein, and Vega Whole Meal Optimizer. That's not including the sports optimizer from Vega and various other pill supplements I take. Wow.

• 10 months later...

So, I am confused (doesn't take much). I have been searching to boards trying to learn more about BCAAs and other supplements and just have myself completely confused. Say I want to order protein powder off the True Protein website, what exactly should I include? What percentage of pea, hemp, and rice protein, and what should I add? I guess I should add the Aljipure BCAAs by the pound too, but at what percent? Do I need to add essential amino acids, L-Leucine, or anything like that too? I wasn't clear whether those were vegan or not from the discussions. If I want to add creatine, what percentage should I add, or should I get that separately from my protein powder? Thanks in advance!

I get a mix of Pea/hemp/rice/soy (40%/25%/20%/20%) from trueprotein in their premium chocolate PB cup flavor and it is amazing! Sooo good!

That sounds really good, chocolate and pb together are the best match! Does it have a lot of sugar?

So, I am confused (doesn't take much). I have been searching to boards trying to learn more about BCAAs and other supplements and just have myself completely confused. Say I want to order protein powder off the True Protein website, what exactly should I include? What percentage of pea, hemp, and rice protein, and what should I add? I guess I should add the Aljipure BCAAs by the pound too, but at what percent? Do I need to add essential amino acids, L-Leucine, or anything like that too? I wasn't clear whether those were vegan or not from the discussions. If I want to add creatine, what percentage should I add, or should I get that separately from my protein powder? Thanks in advance!
I personally see no reason to go for hemp protein unless you want variety. If you want a very complete powder, go for gemma, if you eat a diet high in beans, rice protein will complement your diet very well. 50% pea/50% rice would be a good start, and it's cheaper than if you included hemp.

I wouldnt recommend you including creatine into the mix, buy that seperately, and also buy some dextrose(corn sugar), as well.

This should explain why: http://www.trulyhuge.com/creatinemonohydrateL14.html

tl;dr: if creatine takes too long to digest, it will become useless, therefore it's best to take it some time after your last meal, with a fast absorbing carbohydrate(such as dextrose).

I personally see no reason to go for hemp protein unless you want variety. If you want a very complete powder, go for gemma, if you eat a diet high in beans, rice protein will complement your diet very well. 50% pea/50% rice would be a good start, and it's cheaper than if you included hemp.

I wouldnt recommend you including creatine into the mix, buy that seperately, and also buy some dextrose(corn sugar), as well.

This should explain why: http://www.trulyhuge.com/creatinemonohydrateL14.html

tl;dr: if creatine takes too long to digest, it will become useless, therefore it's best to take it some time after your last meal, with a fast absorbing carbohydrate(such as dextrose).

Good information, thanks!