Acai berry?

brandon

I keep getting advertisements on facebook for a product called acai burn which claims that the acai berry will increase metabolism and fitness and burn fat and everything else. Has anyone used acai berry or know of any first hand results with a product using acai?

Brandon

never tried that and there's no way I could tell if the results come from this or simply from eating less/exercise more... there's no superfoods, no food that can do more than just nourrish the body with vitamins and energy, etc. When a body is able to accomplish amazing things it is not because of some super foods its just the natural power of the body, nourrished with foods that allow it to function optimally. All berries are full of vitamin C and other antioxydants, and of course they're very good for fat burn, but if you eat nothing you will burn fat too..., but compared to other foods, like chocolate, chips; acai berry is superior for fat burn, pound for pound. Eat fresh fruits like berries, pineapple, grapefruits and other exotic fruits, you'll burn fat, but those that try to sell their products saying its superior to whole fruits for fat burning...

easiest way for me to burn fat is to eat fruits and green salads, then I can add some green tea, fresh water and some hemp protein shakes when I feel to.

never tried that and there's no way I could tell if the results come from this or simply from eating less/exercise more... there's no superfoods, no food that can do more than just nourrish the body with vitamins and energy, etc. When a body is able to accomplish amazing things it is not because of some super foods its just the natural power of the body, nourrished with foods that allow it to function optimally. All berries are full of vitamin C and other antioxydants, and of course they're very good for fat burn, but if you eat nothing you will burn fat too..., but compared to other foods, like chocolate, chips; acai berry is superior for fat burn, pound for pound. Eat fresh fruits like berries, pineapple, grapefruits and other exotic fruits, you'll burn fat, but those that try to sell their products saying its superior to whole fruits for fat burning...

easiest way for me to burn fat is to eat fruits and green salads, then I can add some green tea, fresh water and some hemp protein shakes when I feel to.

YEP IYM your right on. The super food movement is just about money. Market something that doesn't grow in the area, therefore it's exotic so it has to be better for us then are regular stuff lol. All classes of foods have very similar nutrient profiles. Like all beans(excpet Soy Bean are very similar both in macro and micro ratio's. All fruits with the excpetion of the fatty fruits are very similar to each other. What they do is break down the foods and find all these nutrients that no one has heard of and claim only this food has it and it will do this and that.

David Wolfe is a perfect example, he used to be all about regular fruits and veggies, then he realized there's limited money in selling books telling people to eat bananas and greens. Then he started the whole superfoods thing marketing exotic foods. Now he says Kale is the thing of the past and raw Cocoa will give you everything you need.

I get what you're saying, but sometimes there's that something special in one thing or another. Just saying "except soybeans" proves this point, which is why i ask, and will re-iterate, has anyone used acai berries or an acai based product and noticed anything or done any particular research into acai and found anything significant? You say "hemp protein shake" and i can't help but think what, perhaps, many people said about hemp in the past compared to whatever is in it's similar family.

Yes i've taken it and have taken lots of it and never noticed anything different. I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so alot of those guys are big into it becasue it part of the brazilian culture. The problem i have with it is just to make it ediible you have to sweeten it with cain sugar or other sweetners. Plain Acai is very bad with no taste. I'd take a fresh local peach picked off 3 days ago 10 miles from my house any day over a product shipped all the way across the world and stored for long periods of time.

It's very similar to the goji berry, cocoa, maca and all these other foods marketed as cure alls. If Maca grew in the US and was as abundant as a radish(same family) it would still have the same nutirents but it wouldn't be sold and marketed as the cure all becasue it would be just another food.

I've tried 5 or 6 times some frozen Acaï pulp blend in pineapple juice, sometimes also with vanilla soy milk, ice, soy protein, but usually just with other fruits. Was I supposed to feel like Superman, with superhuman powers? I didn't notice anything particular. If I would have been sick, and then an acaï berry smoothie would make me feel better, it is actually the body that got better, because acaï allowed it, opposite to processed food that block self-healing/optimal health.

I've tried acaï berry at least a dozen other times also in certain powders, supplements. I've chew dried goji berries, noticed nothing except that it tastes strange.

Acai Berry is a scam. It's just a regular fruit, and while it may be healthy, it isn't going to help you burn calories and build muscle anymore than any other fruit. Google "acai berry scam" to find reviews from those who used the product and saw no results.

I remember when I was in Brazil - Salvador de Bahia, having a lot of Açai. It's delicious! It taste like a berry...it seems like an icecream. You can add some granola cereal on the top. The woman who selled said that people who goes to the gym there are using it because it' s anabolic and quite caloric. I can advice it...specially on summer

• 1 month later...

According to Brendan Brazier in his book Thrive, acai berries are most noted for their exceptionally high antioxidant levels. They are also rich in essential fatty acids, have slightly more protein than most berries, are high in trace minerals and rich in phytonutrients. As such, Brazier lists acai as a Next-Level Food; "food that offer a host of benefits above and beyond those in a standard healthy diet." He is interested in the benefits that food has to offer that aren't immediately noticeable (meaning benefits other than super-powers) so I thought I'd share this.

Google "acai berry scam" to find reviews from those who used the product and saw no results.

google "organics scam" and you'll learn that organics are in-fact less healthy than their conventional counterparts. google anything and "scam" and you'll find exactly what you've searched for

I don't feel like I have super powers or anything, but I will say it kind of trips me out. I've only had it a few times but each time after half an hour or so I'll be like "man! I am trippin'." The same can happen when I just eat a lot of blueberries too though, but not so much as acai. It feels kind of like a caffeine rush I guess, but different.

I bought some at a Fitness expo thing I went too, mainly because the guy selling them was cute and I wanted to get in his pants... Sadly that didn't happen... The Acai tasted pretty good though, I added it too a bunch of stuff, I can't say I felt super human or anything, but I didn't feel like I had thrown away my money.