Garbanzo/Soy/Tofu Salad

Pegesus

I used to make a variation of this in my restaurant but without the soybeans and tofu instead I used Feta Cheese.

For this recipe I used Organic Canned Garbanzo and Soybeans. Didn't have the time to cook them from scratch but your more than welcome to do so if you see fit.

2 - 15 oz. Cans of Garbanzo Beans

2 - 15 oz. Cans of Soybeans

1 Large Red Bell Pepper (chopped)

1 Package of Nasoya Xtra Firm Tofu (the kind in water, make sure you drain it well)

4 TBSP. Nutritional Yeast

1/2 TBSP. Dried Oregano

1/2 TBSP. Dried Basil

1 TSP. Garlic Powder

1 TSP. Liquid Smoke

4 TBSP. Bragg's Liquid Aminos

Black Pepper and Salt (to taste)

Serving 8 (1 Cup per serving)

First crumble up tofu in a large bowl get it to a consistency like bread crumbs then add the nutritional yeast, oregano, basil and garlic powder, pepper and salt. Mix together if you feel it needs more salt feel free to add some. Then add in the Garbanzo and Soy beans and mix together then set aside. Take the Red pepper and lightly saute it in a small amount of water just enough so it won't stick. Cook until you achieve a firm but not hard texture. Remove from heat and pour on the Liquid Smoke. Then add the peppers to the bean mixture and stir up. I would recommend chilling this for a little while but it will taste delicious if you eat it right away.

Nutritional Info:

Per Serving:

Calories: 311 Calories from Fat: 74

Saturated Fat: 1g

Sodium: 683mg

Carbs: 33g

Fiber: 17g

Sugar: 3.5g

Protein: 24.5g

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Pegesus