Back again!

kbfitmom

So, here I am trying again! I introduced myself a while back, and was doing well with a vegan diet. I had been strictly vegan for several months and experienced some health problems from not food combining properly. I developed some vitamin deficiencies and was severely fatigued to the point that I passed out twice after gx classes. I also developed digestive problems and severe burning in my stomach (needed iv drugs with each episode b/c it was so painful, like someone lit a match in my stomach). I think it was from all of the acidic vegetables and fruits maybe? From that experience, I reverted back to turkey and chicken. I've been on a vegan diet again for about a week, and hope to keep it up this time!

Thanks for this site! It has been my motivation to keep trying! Here's a before pic on a tradition clean meat diet. I will track my progress every 4 weeks and post on the before/after boards. I am interested to see how the diet change will affect my muscle and overall weight keeping the same workout program.

~Jamie

017.thumb.JPG.8bc2e4136e87ec6a5d8d92826f2edcfc.JPG

Oh dear, that picture came out enormous! Didn't mean to plaster myself all over the screen!LOL It was small when I uploaded it!

I am taking a multivitamin after just finishing a detox. I am using flaxseeds in my oatmeal every morning. My typical day right now is looking like this:

raw oats with raw nut butter/wheat germ and berries in the morning with some coffee.

apple with nuts ~snack

tofu cooked in tamari/sesame oil with broccoli raab/garlic

carrots/hummus (let me just say this is where cravings for anything sweet kick in). it is bad, but i bought dairy free/vegan chocolate bars and cookies...I was used to protein shakes twice a day, so not having the chocolate is killing me.

tempeh with veggies and herba mate.

I've had trouble with soy before, but since doing the detox, I've been fine.