New thing that makes you NEVER get your period again!

Okay, I exaggerated. Not "never." Somebody was telling me the other day that there is this new drug (or shot or something) that a woman can take which causes her to get her period only TWICE A YEAR!!!

Sign me up!

Ahhhhh the freedom. Freedom from cramps, freedom to travel for longer than a mere two week vacation, did I mention freedom from debilitating cramps? freedom, freedom, freedom.....in many ways, shapes and forms....

Sign me up!

Edited by compassionategirl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my friend was looking into that but from what she learned it doesn't seam to work for everyone the same way, it does slow down the menstruation cycle quiet a bit but it varies from woman to woman. I would be cautious about the side effects, I don't think long term studies have being conducted yet. But I've seen how she suffers with that constant hassle, she would probably trade the any side effect for 2 or 3 cycles a year.

I'm always reluctant to pump my body full of hormones. Something that would disrupt my body's natural pattern for such extended periods of time freaks me out totally. I'm a stickler for the theory that for every new advancement there is an equally adverse reaction - however many years down the road. Perhaps the short term gains would be worth the future consequences...I guess it's a personal thing...

And Richard, I'd check with your doctor about it's appropriateness. I think you are exercising great insight to show such caution, btw.

I would put something that strong to mess with my natural cycle (and possibly my life) like that.

I'm always reluctant to pump my body full of hormones. Something that would disrupt my body's natural pattern for such extended periods of time freaks me out totally. I'm a stickler for the theory that for every new advancement there is an equally adverse reaction - however many years down the road. Perhaps the short term gains would be worth the future consequences...I guess it's a personal thing...

I don't know anything about this new product, but in general i don't think it's a good idea to take hormones and mess with your natural cycle.

Maybe this thing is less bad than the pill, but still, i think there are better ways of contraception or soothing PMS.

Something else to consider is who is this drug being manufactored by and what and who have the drug trials been tested on

CG, for bad PMS cramps, have you tried aromatherapy ? I know a lot of people dismiss it as light and fluffy, but it really can help. Let me know if you want any specific info.

Well, let me tell you that sometimes I consider a hysterectomy appealing! That is how bad my stomach cramps can get.

Even yesterday, I had to go to the emergency room because something about something bursting in my ovary the docs said. The pain was so intense I couldnt stand up straight and I literally had to be carried to the car and then taken immediately to the hospital. I almost passed out from the pain a couple of times!

I have so many problems with cramping its not even fun being me sometimes.

Something else to consider is who is this drug being manufactored by and what and who have the drug trials been tested on

CG, for bad PMS cramps, have you tried aromatherapy ? I know a lot of people dismiss it as light and fluffy, but it really can help. Let me know if you want any specific info.

No, i havent. I am skeptical. I need MORPHINE type strength.

Ahrr sounds very good, but yes I would be worried about something interfering so drastically with the cycle. Also probably not appropriate for me to use

You could always try it and see what happens Richard. You might sprout wings or something.......

Well, let me tell you that sometimes I consider a hysterectomy appealing! That is how bad my stomach cramps can get.

Even yesterday, I had to go to the emergency room because something about something bursting in my ovary the docs said. The pain was so intense I couldnt stand up straight and I literally had to be carried to the car and then taken immediately to the hospital. I almost passed out from the pain a couple of times!

Poor Compash.........

yes I should look into this further because I would love nothing more than to never suffer through another period ever again!

Yep, investigate coz at the mo you could just be a guinea pig ( although you'll not like me for referring to it in that way ) - the phrase 'guinea pig' has entered the vocalbury to describe any kind of testing, even on humans.......

There is a book called "Healing Love Through Tao, Cultivating Female Sexual Energy" by Mantak Chia. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I believe that there are several techniques, ovarian breathing and breast massage that has an effect on your cycle. You can lessen or stop the flow as well as various symptoms.

Thought it may help,

Lisa

Poor Compash.........

yes, poor compash.

There is a book called "Healing Love Through Tao, Cultivating Female Sexual Energy" by Mantak Chia. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I believe that there are several techniques, ovarian breathing and breast massage that has an effect on your cycle. You can lessen or stop the flow as well as various symptoms.

Thought it may help,

Lisa

Thanks for the info Lisa!

Compash, I wish I could help but I haven't had severe cramps since before having children.

Maybe a warm bubble bath, herbal tea, possibly a natural herb.

Oh yes, I always take a very hot bath. It used to work in alleviating some of the pain, but is increasingly become less effective.

I HATE tea.

Yes, I heard that having kids reduces menstrual pains after you have kids. I always thought that that was a myth. Your experience then suggests that it may be true?

Thanks for all the kind advice and suggestions.

My periods aren't that bad - never have been. But I feel for those who do suffer.

BTW, I had a doctor tell me once that the best remedy for cramps is . . . . . abdominal crunches! Yes, he said that the crunch squeezes the blood from the abdominal walls & that is basically what a cramp does. It is the only time I have ever really enjoyed doing crunches!