New thing that makes you NEVER get your period again!

I find it disturbing that a lot of doctors will hand out the pill so enthusiastically, even to girls going through puberty or just starting to, when it is so notorious for screwing up hormonal cycles and they self-confessedly wouldn't know what to do if things went haywire, and would wash themselves of all responsibility. I asked my GPs about it and they couldn't even tell me how it worked other than the total basics, because they didn't know.

Then again, i also find it disturbing that so many people are so casual about taking it, and take it for long periods of time, and take it without knowing anything about how it works other than the absolute basics, ie without understanding how hormones would naturally interact and balance one another. I guess that's just how lots of people are with all medication, though just sayin' ... I find it all a bit unsettling.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is terrible...there were a bunch of girls on my track team that were taking it and I don't think any of them were having sex either...it was purely for the cramping...I wish I knew what I know now since I could have helped them a bit with a diet that could atleast make natural menstrual cramps more bareable.

• 5 months later...

If it were not for the problems with lubrication sometimes seen with them, I would get a hysterectomy.. Not because I have bad cramps or anything, I never have cramps, but I want to be spayed, dammit. Even though I'm a lesbian.