Raw Vegan Heavenly Cookies

Shelley

I'm into raw vegan cuisine. Here's a great recipe for a sweet tooth!

Heavenly Cookies

Yield approximately 10 cookie balls

¼ cup + 2 tablespoons raw nut butter (almond, pecan, or walnut)

½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened, dried coconut

½ cup raisins

2 tablespoons raw agave nectar (I prefer the light agave)

¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

pinch Himalayan crystal salt

dash cinnamon

Stir everything together in a bowl. Using a 1-tablespoon measured amount of cookie batter, roll them into balls. Store these in the refrigerator or freezer.

Fun Variations:

~Stir in 1 tablespoon of raw chocolate powder or raw carob powder

~Roll them in dried, unsweetened coconut or ground nuts

Edited by Shelley

My problem with raw recipes (nothing against you Shelley) is that they all use agave or some other rather expensive ingredient, and beyond that, they have almost 0 protein in them compared to the amounts of fat and carbs. Raw unfortunately does not always equal healthy...

Cookies my good man, cookies, doesn't say raw power bars. It has nothing to do with health.

Didn't see where she said you couldn't replace the ingredients, to your liking.

agave or some other rather expensive ingredient
Agave nectar is not expensive, it costs far less than maple syrup or honey. Of course refined sugar is cheaper, but its shit. You can replace agave by dates, bananas, or freshly squeezed orange juice.

and beyond that, they have almost 0 protein in them compared to the amounts of fat and carbs. Raw unfortunately does not always equal healthy...
I dont consider high fat recipes being healthy, but high protein neither. Anyways, raw recipes use lots of nuts and seeds, which contain far more protein than ''0''. A food or a recipe containing more protein than sugar is not normal/natural. In nature, all foods you can find, fruits, greens, grains, nuts, etc, all contain less protein than sugar or fats; most fruits consists of only 1% protein (1g protein per 100g), mother's milk is also only 1% protein but it is the ultimate food for the growth of infants, they don't need seitan or tofu...

In my opinion, high fat diet clogs veins with fat molecules 24/7, high protein cause acidic PH and negative calcium balance... and high sugar (natural from fruits) dont have any cons for health but only pros.

How funny, I made some really similar cookies today without even seeing this! They're good, and I agree...they're cookies, not a meal replacement. I'd rather have a cookie made of almonds than a cookie made of white flour....and no cookies just isn't an option for me

• 1 month later...

I got the recipe from: http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2008/01/heavenly-cookies-coming-up.html

They are just cookies to make for fun and it's easy to substitute any of the ingredients to your liking. I started making them to replace my donut and candy bar cravings which had no nutrients at all. So for me it's a good transition recipe towards a healthier diet that I can keep improving on.