The importance of being a sleep!

Naor

I know the importance of getting a good night sleep after traininig (8 hours at least).

And although i try, i see that i'm not getting more then 7+ hours of sleep each night.

How many sleeping hours do you manage to get every night?

To your opinion, how much effort should i put in getting the recommended minimum 8 hours?

If you want to sleep more eliminate caffiene, other stimulants, alchohol ( it disrupts sleep patterns in your brain ) and mental stress. Sunlight and higher temperatures start you waking up. An eye mask and cooling your room can help you sleep longer. In general, once these things are eliminated your body will sleep exactly as long as is needed. If you work out harder you will sleep longer.

I usually don't drink coffee (maybe slight of tea here and there), but i do take some caffeine an hour before training (i train in the evening), and sometimes i feel that the caffeine effects last for more hours then i wish.

But my question was not about how to better sleep or avoid awakening, rather about if i should try harder and get one more hour of sleep to my average 7+ sleeping hours to enhance my training results.

I'm working a full time job (9 hours a day), 5 days a week, and after training in the evening i only have couple of hours to myself, and i wondered if i should cut my evening leisure hours in favor for extra hour sleep.

Perosnally i feel that my body "asks" for 8.5-9 hours of sleep everynight, but it's not realistic for me right now.

^It's also a tolerance thing. When I was heavier into my coffee drinking days I could have an espresso or something before bed no problem. It'll give you some crazy dreams too.

Yeah if i haven't had it for awhile it'll casue alot of probelms, but even when i get used to it i still have problems, but less

• 2 weeks later...

I need sleep often 9,but sometimes 6 are enough for me.

I think also the quality of the sleep decrease the amount of sleep needed,

instead neurological stress increase the amount of sleep needed.

When I am not stressed and I sleep very weel,I need only 6-7.

For me, is important I wake up BEFORE the alarm.

If I must wait the alarm,then my body need more sleep.

I think each person is different. I need around 8 or 9 hours, whereas some people I know only need 6 or 7 and others 10 or 11. I am a light sleeper, so I think that has something to do with it. I had a fried who slept like the dead, and he said he was good on about 5 hours.

I'm one of those people that needs only about 6 hours. Any attempts beyond that result in me tossing and turning unless I'm exhausted for some reason (e.g. over work, lack of sleep, illness, etc.). If your body only needs so much, that's fine. The mechanism to recover during sleeping does vary heavily from person to person and from learned traits when we were younger. Current age is also a factor.

The amount of sleep isn't as critical as to how deep the sleep is (i.e., are you hitting into REM/dream states?).

Dudes, sleep is massively important....if you are younger you can get away with not getting enough more, but it will age you fast. Also, the body does most of its detox and repair between 10pm and 2am, so if we are awake during that time, even if you get 8 hours cumulatively, you are not giving the body what it needs. This is a really misunderstood aspect of health. The endocrine system controls how our body works and sleep seriously disrupts its functioning.

Try going to sleep BY 10 pm for 5 days in a row, not drinking caffeine after 12 noon during the day before, and no alcohol, and not eating within 2-3 hours of sleep and see how you feel. THEN tell me sleep doesn't matter....Peace!

Dudes, sleep is massively important....if you are younger you can get away with not getting enough more, but it will age you fast. Also, the body does most of its detox and repair between 10pm and 2am, so if we are awake during that time, even if you get 8 hours cumulatively, you are not giving the body what it needs. This is a really misunderstood aspect of health. The endocrine system controls how our body works and sleep seriously disrupts its functioning.

Try going to sleep BY 10 pm for 5 days in a row, not drinking caffeine after 12 noon during the day before, and no alcohol, and not eating within 2-3 hours of sleep and see how you feel. THEN tell me sleep doesn't matter....Peace!

I've been hearing about the 10-2 think for years and i wonder if that's the case or if that's just the case with that kinda of sleep pattern. What if one went to bed at 2 maybe it would do it from 2-6. I wonder if it's true

Its definitely 10pm-2am, regardless of when we sleep. thats why its so important to be asleep then. It has to do with our circadian rhythms. Our day/night cycles were intentionally thrown off when 12 midnight was made the start of the next day. I just recently heard that it used to be 6 pm. So we were intentionally knocked off of our natural rhythms in alignment with nature, as well as our calendar system, which used to be based on moon cycles and had 13 months in a year, instead of 12. All of this was done to disconnect us from the rhythms of nature and our own inner wisdom so that we would be disoriented and more easily controlled by powers seeking to enslave us...check out this article for more on this-its utterly fascinating:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_2012_02.htm

In Auyervedic medicine they talk about the importance of sleep between 10 and 2, because thats when the body does its detox and repair. I notice a TOTAL difference if I get to sleep at 10, as opposed to 12, or even 11, even IF I get 8 hours. Its really amazing. It effects the endocrine system, immune system, and so many other things. Observing this sleep pattern would probably heal most illnesses in and of itself.

We have to admit to our addictions and habits of staying up late and being addicted to stimulation. Only when people are willing to tell the truth about this to themselves will they be able to get in touch enough with the rhythms of their body to hear the truth in this information

Yeah it makes sence that it would make a difference becasue we're obviously animals that are made to be up durning the day and asleep at night. we're not notturnal, but i guess some people are able to because of lights and stuff. I have to amit when i was sleeping from 10-6 i felt better then now that i'm sleeping 3-12 and seemed to need less sleep

• 1 month later...
Yeah it makes sence that it would make a difference becasue we're obviously animals that are made to be up durning the day and asleep at night. we're not notturnal, but i guess some people are able to because of lights and stuff. I have to amit when i was sleeping from 10-6 i felt better then now that i'm sleeping 3-12 and seemed to need less sleep

Its true because recently I've heard on the news that dozens of employees that have worked night shifts in a factory in Mexico for decades now sue the company because they have many health problems due to working at night. Its been proven it is the cause of their health issues and they won in court.

When we are awake at night and sleep during daylight it messes up with our hormones etc...