Doggcrapp Training

Ruz

hahahha..very funny!

No, basically it revolves around 1 all out set, using rest pause techniques, slow negatives and extreme stretching. I like it because although you work the muscle to the max, you don't do it more than once..ie you dont have endless sets to failure etc. This allows the muscle to recover quickly and you can usually work it about twice a week. That means it can GROW twice a week

Also, the workouts are rather short so you dont have time for catobolism to set in.

Basically you chose three, preferable compound exercise for each muscle group and then rotate them. So the first time you work legs you may do squats, then on your next workout, front squats and the third workout maybe split squats. Where it is safe to do (not on squats...I chose a bad example) you use rest pause technique to really blast the muscle. For example, if you are doing biceps curls, you chose a weight you can do about 8 reps with and work to failure. Then you wait 20 seconds and pump out 3 or 4 more reps. Wait another 20 seconds and squeeze out maybe another 2 reps...the last of which I always try to do a static contraction (holding the weight in one place for about 20 seconds) then a very slow negative. You follow this by extreme stretching of about 2 minutes.

It is a little bit more involved than that but to abbreviate I think its an ok explanation.

Unlike most training systems which only work for those taking roids or GH, DC does allow your average, natural bodybuilder to make significant gains..the only problem being that sometimes you feel like you haven't done enough in the gym..however, the results speak for themselves. You have to keep a strict journal and do 1 or 2 more reps everytime you repeat the exercise, or up the weight. Ineffective exercises are changed for others, or if you aren't making progress at all, this indicates that you are overtraining and you must take more days rest.

I've had more strength gains in the last few months than I have in the last 2 years and I'm chuffed to bits!

I'm also combining a bit of FST-7 training (what's that?¿?¿?¿? I hear you all asking) into my leg workout because they are stubborn bastards that refuse to grow, but apart from that its DC all the way!

There's loads of stuff on DC training on the net, forums, videos etc. but this is the first link I found if you wanna read more :

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

I've also got the book downloaded and photos of extreme stretching etc. so if you are interested send me your email and I'll get a copy off to you.

Really, I LOVE it!

Ruz, First I here you've done the ultimate diet, now I here your into DC training? Awesome!! I wish I lived where you do, we could totally train together.

I've loved using DC training. I find the workouts are short and intense. My gains have never been better than using this program.

I also tweaked my leg workouts slightly, jsut becuase they weren't growing either using DC. I think one of the the thigns I"ve like the most is the stretching. Its no longer an afterthought for me, its part of my workout. I really think this has helped fill out my chest and quads well

I would love a copy of that book

Sam

Ruz, First I here you've done the ultimate diet, now I here your into DC training? Awesome!! I wish I lived where you do, we could totally train together.

I've loved using DC training. I find the workouts are short and intense. My gains have never been better than using this program.

I also tweaked my leg workouts slightly, jsut becuase they weren't growing either using DC. I think one of the the thigns I"ve like the most is the stretching. Its no longer an afterthought for me, its part of my workout. I really think this has helped fill out my chest and quads well

I would love a copy of that book

Sam

Yeah..it would be cool if you lived here too! I'd love to train with someone who trains like me but sadly there is no-one. Everyone I know who trains falls into 2 categories. Those who don't try hard enough..so i get angry when I train with them and end up shouting at them, and those who are so obsessed that they take hormones..and i can't train with them because they can work at a level which would put me in hospital for a few weeks!

Actually FST-7 training almost screams out for a training partner, cause it is hard to tense your muscles, guzzle water and time your 30 seconds rests, within 30 seconds (You'll see what I mean if you try it). DC training also, would def be better with a training partner cause if you do static holds and slow negatives its hard to rack the weight alone!

Anyway, I'll get the stuff i have about DC training off to you (tomorrow now its a bit late at the mo)..there is also a good official DC forum out there you should check out. I'll send you FST7 too which is the latest craze in the UK. It's very good for stubborn muscles On the DC forum quite a few people are combining the two training methods, which seems the most logical to me. I think that if your not doing roids, the amount of sets recommended in FST-7 would lead to overtraining. I do warmup sets and the one, all out, double rest paused set, followed by static contractions as recommended in DC. Then I do the 7 "pump" sets complete with muscle contractions and stretching recommended in FST7, and finish it all off by a few minutes of extreme DC style stretching. It is working brill for me and I'm more than happy with the results.

Ruz, I just did Bis/Legs today. Incorporated some pump sets into my stubborn body parts (calves/biceps) and tried em on quads too, just cause i've always dones a quads pump set.

totally Kick ass! I'm going to post my training today on my my journal, so look for it!

sam

Ruz, I just did Bis/Legs today. Incorporated some pump sets into my stubborn body parts (calves/biceps) and tried em on quads too, just cause i've always dones a quads pump set.

totally Kick ass! I'm going to post my training today on my my journal, so look for it!

sam

Wow that looks cool! It looks different to what you were doing when you first started DC training. I personally couldn't recover quickly enough from that amount of drop series..you must have the resistance of a donkey!!

The thing i always find doesn't work for me in ANY training plan, is the amount of weight they recommend you to lift. For example, in DC and UD2, you're supposed to be able to lift roughly 80% of your one rep max for 12-15 reps. Well that's impossible for me!

My one rep max for bicep curls for example is probably about 16-18k (not sure really its been a while since i tested it). However, if someone asks me to do 12-15 reps, and more than once, or as in FST 7, seven series of 8-15 reps with only 30 seconds rest, I'll only be able to use 12, or maybe 10 kilos, which isn't anywhere near 80% of my one rep max. My 1 rep max for deadlifts is 2 plates a side, but if i have to do so many reps i wouldn't use more than 10k a side.

I don't know if you find the same to be true. I dont really see it as a problem, because I keep making gains, its more of a personal observation and i wonderd if I'm unique in this or if everyone finds it impossible to do 12 reps at 80% of their one rep max .

I think I'm kind of the same, but I've never really thought to calculate a 1RMl

and ya, volume wise, my quads have always needed a really high volume/dropsetting kind of finish to them to get growth. Between last November-Feb, they grew a lot, and that was because I finished every leg press with a 30-50 rep drop set. It was awesome.

And biceps, i swear they haven't grown in 6 months, so trying something different!

I think I'm kind of the same, but I've never really thought to calculate a 1RMl

and ya, volume wise, my quads have always needed a really high volume/dropsetting kind of finish to them to get growth. Between last November-Feb, they grew a lot, and that was because I finished every leg press with a 30-50 rep drop set. It was awesome.

And biceps, i swear they haven't grown in 6 months, so trying something different!

Yep..I've come to realise that my legs are exactly the same. They need to be worked to the max to really grow, with drop sets, pump sets, negatives etc. But just once...I don't need to do it time and time again. I used to work several exercises to the max using these techniques and hurt my legs so much that I couldn't train again in 7-9 days. Now I find that if I do this on just one exercise, intensely, that although my legs kill for 2 days, I'm ok to train again in 3-4 days

About biceps though..well I hardly train mine nowadays..they are getting out of proportion with the rest of my body and I prefer correct proportions over anything else. I've only ever really done DB curls and reverse preecher curls and they've always grown fairly easily.

My problem is my calves..I HATE the bastards! They stubbornly refuse to grow HOWEVER much I punish them!! However, I've now decided that I'm just going to spend the next few months stretching my calves for at least 15 min a day. I've always had short achilles tendons and I'm starting to think that my short, tight tendons are limiting the muscle growth. Everytime I work them, my tendons hurt so much that I have to take t least 2 weeks off. It's being going on for a while now, so now I'm just working them indirectly through other leg exercises, and stretching like a nutter.

DC and FST-7 have made me feel whole lot differently about stretching , and I really believe it is a crucial part of muscle growth.

• 6 months later...

I figured I'd revive this thread, since I've finally adopted a full DC plan. I've been playing around with extreme stretches, rest-pausing, etc. for a while now. My rest-pauses look a little funny, since I am an extreme type two fiber guy all around. At 80% of my 1RM on any lift, I can only do 4-6 reps. So, my best rest-pauses look like 8-3-2, if I am really lucky. Usually it is 9-2-1 or 9-3-1 or something similar. I don't recover extremely quickly during the pause.

Anyone still doing DC?

At 80% of my 1RM on any lift, I can only do 4-6 reps. So, my best rest-pauses look like 8-3-2, if I am really lucky. Usually it is 9-2-1 or 9-3-1 or something similar. I don't recover extremely quickly during the pause.

Anyone still doing DC?

Yep, I'm the same as you, I've ended up using a lot less than 80% of my one rep max and it def works better for me. I've also incorporated an FST7 style set at the end of DC for weaker body parts. I was on the FST7 forum the other day and I'm not the only one who has combiend the two styles. It seems to work better for natural bodybuilders.

Actually this week I've started doing purely FST7, but that's because I change my training style quite regularly, not because DC wasn't working for me.

At 80% of my 1RM on any lift, I can only do 4-6 reps. So, my best rest-pauses look like 8-3-2, if I am really lucky. Usually it is 9-2-1 or 9-3-1 or something similar. I don't recover extremely quickly during the pause.

Anyone still doing DC?

Yep, I'm the same as you, I've ended up using a lot less than 80% of my one rep max and it def works better for me. I've also incorporated an FST7 style set at the end of DC for weaker body parts. I was on the FST7 forum the other day and I'm not the only one who has combiend the two styles. It seems to work better for natural bodybuilders.

Actually this week I've started doing purely FST7, but that's because I change my training style quite regularly, not because DC wasn't working for me.

I saw you mention FST7 earlier in the thread. I will look it over tomorrow. From what little I've read, it looks kinda similar to the 4 sets of 6 style hamstring options that some use for DC. With how people are hybridizing the programs, I wonder if FST7 is where the DC guys got the hamstring idea from?

I'm currently blasting with only the RP sets, no static holds. Once I see how that goes as far as my recovery and lagging body parts, I will add in some statics for the lagging parts. Most likely, that will be chest and shoulders.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really interested. Is this a variation of Mike Mentzer's High Intensity program?

The thing that sucks for me is the fact that workouts are short. I love working out so much I hate to leave the gym, LOL.

Do you guys notice you have to watch calories more since you are not in the gym very long?

I am really interested. Is this a variation of Mike Mentzer's High Intensity program?

The thing that sucks for me is the fact that workouts are short. I love working out so much I hate to leave the gym, LOL.

Do you guys notice you have to watch calories more since you are not in the gym very long?

Yeah..that was my problem too..the workouts were too short!!

I made a lot of gains initially with this, but like any training programme it has its period of effectiveness

However, there are valuable techniques which I learnt and still use when doing other training systems, such as the rest pausing, static holds and extreme stretching. I think the stretching is important though it hurts like hell.

In FST7 you have to stretch between series which hurts even more. I've been using FST7 for a while now and I love it. It's more effective for ME than DC. But like DC, I no longer follow the entire programme, I just stick an FST7 set onto the end of the bodypart I'm training...I love the pump!!!

You should try out DC because I enjoyed training that way. I think it would be most valuable when cutting as it allows more time in the gym for cardio.

Personally, I don't know many natural bodybuilders who can continually keep growing with so little volume of work. Ive come to realise that my muscles, at least, need a hell of a lot more volume to grow.This week, I've started training 1 muscle a day with a hybrid of the two systems and volume training and its working very well for me if how sore I am is anything to go on

I know what you mean....and without steroids it is difficult to not exhaust our recuperative powers, easy to become overtrained on high volume and that is one reason I have not worked a body part more than once a week in the last 20 years. What is FST7? Where is the best DC info?

I am up for something new so I am going to take a look at Robert's regimen in the Vegan Bodybuilding book and see if it interests me and is a program I may not have done before...I'll try it.

One thing, I am not a fan of isolation movements so that limits me in what I can do in the gym. I stick to big compound movements...

One of my goals is to compete in a bodybuilding competition some day. I am 40 years young so it will have to be a Master's Class. LOL!........maybe at the old age home.

Hell, I might be 40....but I beat out most of the 19 year olds on the slopes when I snowboard. Goes to show you what staying in shape does for one.

I'm 37 and just started an actual workout regime in the gym (went to gym before but did what I felt like) - and I enjoy running, but I need to get rid of some fat yet (say 30lbs of it) - and I share your goal boardn10.... they have BB competitions and I would love to have them announce my name with the added "natural BBer and is a Vegan" .. I figure 2012 is a good year for that... 2 years to go from avg me to the stage seems realistic.. eh?