How Much Sleep?

robert

How much sleep do you get?

I don't get nearly as much as I'd like. I used to get a lot more but lately I go to bed around 12:30AM and wake up at 6AM each day. I spend too much time doing non-productive things and I actually focus on being productive all the time. I never watch movies or TV because I can't stand to be just sitting.

I always have to be doing something somewhat productive but I don't manage a whole lot of sleep!

Speaking of that, I better get to bed soon!

But anyway, just curious about everyone else and your sleep and energy levels. I'm still super energetic with only little sleep each night, but I LOVE sleep more than almost anything else in the world....strange I don't spend more time on it!

I'm going to focus on getting more over the next few weeks so please remind me to get OFF the computer and get IN my BED!

Thanks

Yesterday I left for work at 7AM. I had some things to do after work and didn't get home until around 10:30PM. I checked some e-mails and went to bed slightly after midnight. Today I'm working a swing shift 3:30PM-Midnight, so I didn't wake up until 11:30AM! It was awesome!

That happens a couple times a week. My normal 5-6 hours turns in to 10-12 hours once or twice a week. I'm really going to try to focus on getting around 8 hours per night over the next few weeks. Gotta love sleep!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate sleeping in I've always been a morning person. I used to get to bed around midnight and then get up @ 4:30am to either jog or do weights (but I wsa a single mother @ had a full-time job, and the gyms & I had to fit my exercise in around my daughter and my job).

Even now (that I'm not in paid employment-my husband would die if he even uttered a word relating to my home duties) as I'm studying, and have a whole farmyard of animals, housework, gardens, and my exercise to fit in everyday, I have to get out of bed @ 6:30. My body is conditioned to wake up then. I generally am awake just before my alarm goes off. Its just a matter of conditioning your body, and getting a better sleep (deeper). If I don't get the proper type of sleep then I feel like crap, and the day is basically shot to hell.

When I was really into AR (Anthony Robbins) I had conditioned my body to need only a small amount of sleep. If I ever sleep in to 9am then I really get behind schedule and I really hate that, so because I relate more pain than pleasure with sleeping in, I never really do.

When my husband and I do country markets we are up @ 4am anyway (well I'm awake and he's comatosed till around 10ish, and thats after an IV drip has been inserted with java).

AT the moment I am getting around 6hrs sleep a night and not suffering at al.

I hate sleeping in I've always been a morning person. I used to get to bed around midnight and then get up @ 4:30am to either jog or do weights (but I wsa a single mother @ had a full-time job, and the gyms & I had to fit my exercise in around my daughter and my job).

Even now (that I'm not in paid employment-my husband would die if he even uttered a word relating to my home duties) as I'm studying, and have a whole farmyard of animals, housework, gardens, and my exercise to fit in everyday, I have to get out of bed @ 6:30. My body is conditioned to wake up then. I generally am awake just before my alarm goes off. Its just a matter of conditioning your body, and getting a better sleep (deeper). If I don't get the proper type of sleep then I feel like crap, and the day is basically shot to hell.

When I was really into AR (Anthony Robbins) I had conditioned my body to need only a small amount of sleep. If I ever sleep in to 9am then I really get behind schedule and I really hate that, so because I relate more pain than pleasure with sleeping in, I never really do.

When my husband and I do country markets we are up @ 4am anyway (well I'm awake and he's comatosed till around 10ish, and thats after an IV drip has been inserted with java).

AT the moment I am getting around 6hrs sleep a night and not suffering at al.

You got me green with envy. If I do not get 8 hours I am sluggish all day... and if I wake up before 9 I am tired all day. I do not know why, but I really wish I could wake up feeling rested one day of my life.

Not enough!!

Usually around six and a half hours a night.

I need more, but never get it. My own fault really for not getting me head down sooner.

You wouldn't want to cross me after a few nights of not enough sleep as I get really ratty and have a short fuse.

I also look dreadful without enough shut-eye.

I get 6.5-7 hours. I'd like to get more. I get up at 6:00AM, but I can't seem to get into bed before 11:00-11:30. I get home around 6:00PM, so I'd feel like I had no time in the evenings if I tried to get into bed by 10:00 to get 8 hours.

Also, my girlfriend got a new job a couple of months ago and works 5PM-1AM, but often works a bit late and gets home 2/2:30AM. I'm a light sleeper, so I always wake up when she comes home. It also has taken me a while to get used to falling asleep without her--for a while I would never sleep deeply until she was home I think that's taking a bit of a toll on me.

But my job is over in just under 2 weeks, so I'll be able to sleep as much as I want for a while. Hopefully not too long, though, because I can't afford to be unemployed for too long a stretch!

• 1 month later...

I still don't get as much sleep as I'd like. I'm working on it, but sometimes I get excited about 5 or 6 hours because that seems to be more than average.

My training is going great, and I have lots of energy, I just need to find a way to cram in a bit more sleep each night........my main problem is working on the computer too much. So I'll slowly cut back on that each night.

Speaking of which, I should get going.

Soon you'll read that I'm sleeping 8 hours a night, consistently! That is my goal.

I LOVE sleep more than almost anything else in the world....strange I don't spend more time on it!

People like yourself who work hard and have ambition, determination and things to do will make good use of their time and put things in perspective. Therefore, even though you might enjoy something, you can prioritize and do something that you know is more useful. That's how I see it anyway! For instance, you might like ice-cream, but not eat it much because you know that there's better things to consume with more useful nutrients.

At the moment, I go to sleep anywhere between 12am-3am, and I wake up between 10am - 11am. I'd like to bring that down a bit, to go to sleep 12am-1am, and wake up at 8am-9am. That'd be nice. I heard that it varies from person to person, but maybe you need 6-8 hours of sleep? That could just be bum-poo though

Hey Richard,

Thanks man. Yeah, I try to be very productive. Sometimes (all too often) I only get 5 or 6 hours a sleep at night and that is pretty normal for me. Sometimes I get less, other times more but 5-6 is average each night, and has been that way for many months.

I get a lot done during the day and work on the computer a bit during the night time, on here and working on other computer projects. Sometimes, i just writing e-mails or posting messages, but I try to get as much done as I can.

I'm still working on sleeping more, but I'm not that good yet. For example, it just turned to midnight and I have to wake up at 6AM for work...and I still have some eating to do before going to bed. Yes, I like to eat before bed

I think in January I'll start getting more sleep. I hope to be cutting back on my full-time regular job. I'm going to focus more on some other projects that I've been working on.

Sleep is soooooo much fun, so I'm sure I'll be getting more soon.

Goodnight!

-Robert

i sleep about 7 hour a week, because i start at 6:30 AM , i work with my father, he has a accounting studio in house , i work to 12:00 AM, later i take a bath so go to take the bus to the university, i have class to 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM, i get in house at 6:00 AM, i take some relax,or work, later i get in gym undo 7:00PM and i go home at 9:30 PM.

in weekend i sleep more :S to 11:30 PM to 8:AM, sometimes i take large naps, only read this, is usual, last saturday i pick up a book to read teory of accounting when 2:00 PM i read only 30 minues at 3:00 PM i get snap with the books in hands and i wake up at 5:30 PM