Off Topic: Census Bureau: Americans lost ground during Bush

beforewisdom

Sarah Palin fans should be aware that she has many of the same stances on the issues......and many of the same attitudes.....as President Bush did.

Not just to pick on President Bush. The republican party had complete control of the federal government for 6years of the 8 year Bush administration. These results are what their philosophy leads to

On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked.

snip....

That leaves Bush with the dubious distinction of becoming the only president in recent history to preside over an income decline through two presidential terms,

snip...

The median household income increased during the two terms of Clinton (by 14 per cent, as we'll see in more detail below), Ronald Reagan (8.1 per cent), and Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford (3.9 per cent).

Full Article

http://politics.theatlantic.com/2009/09/closing_the_book_on_the_bush_legacy.php

Despite having the resources of the most powerful country in the world at his disposal for 7 years, President Bush never captured Osama Bin Laden either.

Ah statistics

INCOME, POVERTY AND HEALTH INSURANCE

COVERAGE IN THE UNITED STATES: 2008

The U.S. Census Bureau announced today that real median household income in the United States fell 3.6 percent between 2007 and 2008, from $52,163 to $50,303. This breaks a string of three years of annual income increases and coincides with the recession that started in December 2007.

Lets not forget about 9/11 happening during his watch. I'm not defending the GOP, like your bashing them. so lets see what Obama does. With a failed economy brought on mostly by DEMs deregulating of the financial institutions, which brought on a worldwide recession.

Statistics by themselves are most often misleading.

The issue isn't the statistics, it's the people spouting statistics in order to further their agenda.

beforewisdom's article only cited specific data measurements at certain years.

Joe's post was only one statistic, which of course says very little on it's own.

What we need is a comparison of real household income in the US over the last 100 years, then compare that to the last 8 years of Bush's term, then compare that to times leading up to a recessionary period, then look at the actual data of who was getting the increases in real income versus who was actually losing real income, then compare that to real purchasing power, GDP, etc. and on and on and on.

Spouting off some random numbers is essentially useless without massive amounts of research and context. News articles do it wrong, and people do it wrong.

This breaks a string of three years of annual income increases .

Joe's post was only one statistic, which of course says very little on it's own.

I'm not the OP my example was proof of what I was saying.

Exactly what you were saying only it took you 3 paragraphs and I said it first.