Anyone competing in a competition this year?

robert

I posted something similar in the bodybuilding section, but it was mostly about bodybuilding.

So this is for ANY CONTEST.

So, who's competing, and in what???????

I'll be competing a ton of bodybuilding contests....I know, Daywalker says I should take time off and bulk up...Topher says that too. But I LOVE competing and I really want to do it a bunch this year. Then maybe I'll take 2007 off to get much BIGGER and work on other book and movie projects to fill my time.

So....running, powerlifting, cycling, climbing, or anything else? If you plan to compete, let us know so we can cheer you on!

-Rob

i second what the others said - take the time off, bulk up, get strong ( ) and i dont want to see you on stage unless you are 190lb+. otherwise there will be strong words!!

i hopefully will be doing a little competing in powerlifting and amatuer strong(ish)man.

jonathan

What are some times you are working toward?

I know we used to chat about this years ago, but if you feel open about it, what are some of your goal times? I'm interested.

All the best to everyone in contests of any type this year!

Anyone playing in a chess tournament?

-Robert

What are some times you are working toward?

I know we used to chat about this years ago, but if you feel open about it, what are some of your goal times? I'm interested.

All the best to everyone in contests of any type this year!

Anyone playing in a chess tournament?

-Robert

Half marathon - 76/77 mins

10 miles - below 60 mins - only raced one ten miler ( which I won ) and that was a hardish course I completed in 63 min, so should get under a hour no probs.

10K-34min,30 sec

Better start entering some races...

I know, i know...

I knew you knew, but wasn't sure if anyone else knew you knew so thought best to clarify.

I knew that you knew that he knew. Still it's good that you clarified just to make sure you knew that I know

Hey Will I didn't know that you'd know that I'd know that he'd know. Yeah, it was best to be certain that I knew that you'd know.

I know, i know...

I knew you knew, but wasn't sure if anyone else knew you knew so thought best to clarify.

I knew that you knew that he knew. Still it's good that you clarified just to make sure you knew that I know

Hey Will I didn't know that you'd know that I'd know that he'd know. Yeah, it was best to be certain that I knew that you'd know.

i for one am relieved you cleared that up. i didnt know if you knew that alex knew you'd know Will knew. now i know you're certain you knew alex knew.

hehe!

jonathan

competions i'm entering this year:

-pittsburgh highland games (april)

-first powerlifting competition (probably middle of year)

-first strongman comp (november)

-the highland games is real fun and i love throwing. came in 4th last year and hope to win it this year. the level of competiton is not that high though.

-as for powerlifting, i am most serious about this and hope to one day be world champion. have a long way to go, but i have the team, the desire, and the dedication to one day make it happen.

-strongman is also something i want to do just for fun and to say that i did it. they do weightclasses for the PA strongman comp, and i think i can complete all of the disciplines if can get my grip strength and overhead strength up a little. long way off so i have plenty of time to prepare.

competions i'm entering this year:

-pittsburgh highland games (april)

-first powerlifting competition (probably middle of year)

-first strongman comp (november)

-the highland games is real fun and i love throwing. came in 4th last year and hope to win it this year. the level of competiton is not that high though.

-as for powerlifting, i am most serious about this and hope to one day be world champion. have a long way to go, but i have the team, the desire, and the dedication to one day make it happen.

-strongman is also something i want to do just for fun and to say that i did it. they do weightclasses for the PA strongman comp, and i think i can complete all of the disciplines if can get my grip strength and overhead strength up a little. long way off so i have plenty of time to prepare.

i think you need to prioritise here david. on the one hand you want to powerlift, but on the other you want to do strongman. you train almost exclusively in gear which means you wont actually have that much carry over strength to strongman, which is essentially totally unequiped.

you have said that you only train equiped as there is no future for unequiped lifting, but even the top equiped lifters train raw some of the time. take veganjosh on veganfitness - his total is pretty damn close to an elite total (in gear) but the bulk of his training is raw. you cannot beat raw strength for versitility and if you want to compete in strongman, you have to train it.

jonathan

while i agree with what you said, i can almost do all of the lifts in the current PA strongman format. the only one i dont' feel good about is the overheard log press. also, i want to do it for fun. i am not very serious about it so i am not going to alter my trainiing for it.

also, you can't take one thing i said and run with it. i was making a point about the future of unequipped powerlifting and its relation to that of the equipped powerlifter. not everyone who powerlifts does strongman so why should they be limited by the rules of raw powerlifting when, as i repeat, there is no POWERLIFTING future for raw powerlifters (competing raw).

the line about most powerlifters also train raw is simply not true. not at my club at least and we have a former world champion and a current teen national champion.

• 5 months later...

If I get my time trial bike built I'll be entering a 24mile time trial in september...if I can do it I think I'll finish top 10 in my category(probably 50-80 riders)...outside of that I'm doing a so called recreational ride thats 100 miles(not a big deal) but there is 8,500ft of climbing and most of that is in the first 7 miles. So I'm expecting to have the hardest 7 mile ride of my life and a 93 mile long cool down...I expect to be in a wonderfully painful state at the top of the hill trying to keep up with the 145lb dudes that I'm carpooling there with....maybe they'll won't try so hard and pretend to be as tired as me....chances are it'll be atleast in the lower 90s (late August)and the hardest part starts at 8am so it'll be real humid too.

• 2 months later...

I just saw this! I did post something elsewhere, but no replies. I have 2 more figure contests: 9/30 and 10/7/06--1 and 2 weeks away. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! [panic. . .pant,pant. . . panic. . .]

I'm kind of sad not to have a fellow vegan to commiserate with, which is what I was hoping to encounter on a site called "Vegan Bodybuilding"-LOL!

Anyhow, how are everyone else's contests going? It's getting late in the season for bb shows, but for tri's and marathons it'll be going strong for a bit--esp. where I live.

If anyone wants to "chat" with me through this final push. . . well. . .let me know. Anyone? {silence} Bueller. . .?

I just saw this! I did post something elsewhere, but no replies. I have 2 more figure contests: 9/30 and 10/7/06--1 and 2 weeks away. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! [panic. . .pant,pant. . . panic. . .]

I'm kind of sad not to have a fellow vegan to commiserate with, which is what I was hoping to encounter on a site called "Vegan Bodybuilding"-LOL!

Anyhow, how are everyone else's contests going? It's getting late in the season for bb shows, but for tri's and marathons it'll be going strong for a bit--esp. where I live.

If anyone wants to "chat" with me through this final push. . . well. . .let me know. Anyone? {silence} Bueller. . .?

I'd be happy to give you any support you need! I'm routing for you....me with the pinched nerve in the shoulder and newly broken toe. Maybe I can live a bit through you!

I'll root you on with healing. I'm a chiropractor and neuromuscular therapist, so I see a lot of what you're going through with your neck/shoulder/arm. Not fun. And I've totally done the toe thing--on many occasions--with media cabinet, bedpost, dumbbell--you name it! Luckily my toes never became misshapen. My husband once did it with a stool, but his toe looks bent in half.

Anyhow, wish me luck. I start the really blah diet this week (waiting for it to arrive from trainer tonight), and continue for 2 weeks, with a big ramp up next week.