Can anyone help support my roommate's kitty's surgery?

robert

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a bit of fundraising for Jessi's cat's surgery. One of her kitties named Sage has gallstones and is in pain and was peeing blood and things like that and now will have surgery that will cost around $1500. She's in the animal hospital right now.

I'm writing this after midnight after being informed of the cost to get her surgery. Jessi just told me tonight and she's not sure what to do or where to get the funds. Even though she works in the morning, she stayed up until 2AM making a little fundraiser donation page. I'm going to contribute to her efforts and even may donate a % of book sales towards it. I can also do a t-shirt sales fundraiser donating some proceeds to it. I'll keep brainstorming too.

If you feel moved to help her kitty out, feel free to contact her via PM here (Jessifly) or make a donation here: http://jessifly.chipin.com/sage-kittys-surgery-fund - Or feel free to provide fundraising ideas too. We're open to ideas or any donation of any size is helpful and appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Here is Sage in a video I filmed recently. She's the one sneezing...I just filmed it a week ago:

Here are a couple of pics:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/CIMG2778.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/CIMG2777.jpg

Thanks so much for your support!

-Robert

jessi, im so sorry to hear about your cat's needs. my cat has been having urinary probs. and i have spent 1200.00 at least. wish i could help but as you see i am strapped, too. i am sending good vibes your way. Dove Lewis has a "velvet assistance fund" that I would ask about; also Animal Aid loans about 100.00 to emergency vet needs. p#503-292-6628

Sage is now stone-free! She has been in the animal hospital since Monday morning is staying overnight another night, but the surgery went well and she's doing good! I got to see the x-ray this morning and the stone in her bladder was so big it took up about 1/2 of her bladder!

Kindly from solutions between the vet and my best friends credit card we were able to put off me paying the cost of the surgery right away... I have 30 days ....to pay the first half to my friend and the second half to the vet. So still any help is super-appreciated!

acatherine13: Thank you for the recommendation on Dove Lewis. The surgery was performed first thing this morning so unfortunately I didn't see this post until tonight but I didn't have much opportunity to shop around since it was an urgent matter. I must say though, this vet is very very very awesome so I am happy that Sage was in good hands with the original vet.

Glad she's coming home soon.

I wanted to add that I'll put up $5 for each donation received of any amount....you don't need to mention how much you donate but if you're able to make any kind of donation just let me know that you made a donation of some sort and I'll put another $5 in with each donation.

Thanks!

I'll be contributing too once my money gets into my Paypal account.

Bless you, Jessi for taking such good care of your little feline companion. A lot of people wouldn't opt for surgery and would just euthanize.

I saw the video and fell in love with both of your cats. They are very sweet

Robert: Thank you for you generosity, you are amazing!

Marcina: Thanks, Sage is unbelievably sweet, she is everyone's best friend, the entire vet hospital is in love with her personality too! The "alternative" did not cross my mind, it seems that would be a crime for something so fixable!

Just made a donation, and I challenge everyone out there to do the same.

I have some suggestions. I did a benefit martial arts seminar when my cat needed surgery. You could do a benefit for kitty. Or a kitty-a-thalon. Maybe get people to donate five or ten dollars for every pull up each kitty-a-thalon participant can do. Or a buck a push up. You see people do it with running for events.

Another great challenge way to raise money for a cause is a charity auction. I have even auctioned myself off as a personal trainer and as a date (yes there are people that altruistic).

Just a small donation and a few thoughts for you. I am glad kitty is feeling better.

Thanks for asking Steve! I took some pics of Sage after her surgery....I just need to find my memory card which I can't find at the moment and it's bumming me out....but I think I'll find it soon...unless I lost it in Vegas.

She got a few donations from forum members and facebook friends and I added $5 per donation from my posts. More would definitely help out.....I was a little concerned today when we chatted in the kitchen and she said she doesn't know where she can live now because of extra expenses (we're moving out of the house a month from now so the Vegan House of Kindness is splitting up and she said something about being homeless a month from now). I invited her to come stay with me when I move but I'm moving to another city.......so anyway, if anyone would like to chip in, even just $5, I'll match it, and it will help her pay for this expensive surgery and help her as she finds a place for her and her kitties a month from now.....

Stress is a little high for her now and I know she appreciates your words, support, donations, etc.

Thanks everyone!

Sage is doing very well this week since her surgery on Tuesday!

Here is a couple photos...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113419&id=515257368&l=06aa8b0607

she will be done with some of those meds tomorrow! She's figured out how to spit them out just this morning so tomorrow will be a tricky last day.

The hospital tested her stone and found it to be a common one so they have her on a prescription diet for the next month to balance things out and prevent further stone formation.

There is a little more to why I'd be "homeless" in a month or so and it does have quite a bit to do with financial stuff but also because I am in limbo between the lease ending on the Vegan House of Kindness and the arrangement of the next house I plan to live in not being ready yet, so in the meantime I am needing to find an inexpensive, very short-term apartment that will allow cats while I'm in limbo. So that is the long story of why I fear being temporarily "homeless" (but not like on the streets in a cardboard box kind of homeless, although that would be an adventure! But the find a friend to take us in for a while kind of homeless.) I am however, in the works on perhaps staying in the VHK and signing a short-term lease and finding people to fill the vacant rooms so that I will not have to leave quite yet. Typically I am pretty responsible and on the upside of my finances but a run of bad luck the last two months really depleted my accounts.... my car was towed and impounded for a small fortune, got a ticket for speeding, had a major car repair, and now multiple trips to the vet and then the need for Sage's surgery just tipped the scale to the negative side. I don't expect this run of bad luck to last long, and usually I'm not one to ask for help because I know there is always someone out there worse off than me. More or less Robert insisted on raising funds to help Sage out and I can't begin to express my gratitude to Robert and the VBBF community for your generosity!!!!

LOVE, Jessi & Sage

I'm always here to help and I do insist on helping!

Many people have helped me in my life and you were one of the first to ask about pre-ordering a book too, so you were there to help me.

Look at us! Frog and Frog on a ski lift....2 on 2 off!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2633/59/123/515257368/n515257368_1551426_3762920.jpg

And we're a couple of holiday Frogs too!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v367/59/123/515257368/n515257368_986587_5039.jpg

My offer still stands to donate $5 with any donation no matter how large or small. If you're moved to help out, please do and we appreciate it!

hey jessifly ,sent a small donation your way sorry it couldn't be much more,i know wat it's like to have to pay for large vet bills , my dog was found to be diabetic and needed insulin injections,even the vet told us to put him down ,as it would be expensive and too much work for us,luckily my family helped with the bills and we gave him almost another year and he was happy until the end .im sure your cat will make a full recovery .

Can you check your account history of all transactions and track it that way? That is how I track money coming in and out of PayPal.

Hope it gets sorted out....all the best, let me know if you need help navigating around PayPal.

Boy I feel retarded. I checked the history and it's still processing.

Holy slow.. Canada sucks.

But the beer and hockey rock you hoser! Takeoff eh!

I drop a little in as well. I hope your cat does well. I know how those big bills can be killer. I had a $4000 bill when my dog bloated. Luckily, good ol' Dad stepped in to save the day, and my dog's life.