2009 MR OLYMPIA... Greene?

Hello,

Olympia is just around the corner. I see that a lot of people are betting on Kai Greene to win it this year. I personally don't think so but who knows!.

If you google his name,the first suggestion that pops up is "Kai Greene Grapefruit Video". For those of you who don't know Kai (as well as Toney Freeman and Johnny Jackson) used to work as gay strippers. The grapefruit video is of Kai having sex with a piece of citrus fruit.lol

Personally I understand that he needed money for all the food and drugs required to get that big but I can't help but feel that it will only further scare away the general public. Imagine a kid sees Kai for the first time and says "wow, he's my new hero", goes home, googles his name and sees him prancing around in leather straps flinging his member all over the place.

I don't even want to think about the discomfort from getting grapefruit juice in that part of my anatomy. Couldn't the guy have used a melon or something that has less potential for stinging some juice gets up in there?

That is first thing that popped in my mind. Ouch.

I've heard it isn't terribly uncommon for bodybuilders to do these types of shows to get money when they start out. Too bad for Greene his was caught on tape and leaked.

I've heard it isn't terribly uncommon for bodybuilders to do these types of shows to get money when they start out. Too bad for Greene his was caught on tape and leaked.

Yep, definitely more common than you'd think. I've heard tales going back to when I started lifting in the mid 90s about many of the top pros who had done "private shows" pay their drug bills, some who were strippers, others who had sugar daddies, and some who did things that are best left unspoken, all so they could afford to get as huge as possible. I can see wanting to be the biggest and best, but when you've got to sacrifice all your integrity just to afford it (not to mention risking the illegality of the substances), it just isn't worth it to me. Apparently, though, it is to some people

He has grown a lot since 99!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1154457089197854040#docid=394709947367433506

Greene won't win the Olympia but it will be an exciting show! I fly out on Thurs to work with BB.com at the O.

As a vegan normally I'm cheering for "Green" but I'm not Going Green for this event...I'm going Cutler, Alves and Freeman....those are my favorite guys in the sport right now.

of course greene won't win and that video is probably the reason why. heath will be the new mr. olympia, he is already talking like someone promised him the sandow trophy.

i would love to see alves win the olympia or at least dexter defending his title, one of the aesthetic and symmetric guys, but we all know that won't happen anyway.

On the purient gossip end of things, bodybuilding is an expensive hard ass sport. The one asset competitors have that people will pay a lot of cash for is their bodies. Making a lot of cash to strut your thing three days a week is pretty enticing when you work out two to three hours a day, eat six times a day, and spent at least an hour a day on your diet. There is a dark side to the sport, just like there is a dark side to football, baseball, soccer, and every other human endeavor.

And no, Kai is not going to win the Olympia. It is going to be a great show, but this is not Kai's year. I would love to see Tony Freeman get a sandow, but I think Jay may surprise everyone.

Me too....been friends with Jay for 8 years, Troy even longer...and recently connected well with Toney Freeman when we had him in our documentary Vegan Brothers in Iron (Troy is also in it...maybe Jay too, but not at the moment). I'd love to see Jay rock the house, Freeman kick some butt and Troy also shock people with a high finish.

I fly out tomorrow = Pumped!

Agree! He got straight 1sts in judging too, in a very highly contested show! He simply dominated! I've been following his career for a long time....best I've seen him look! He looked amazing in 2001 and 2003 in certain shows but this year at the 2009 Olympia he was unstoppable!