What vegan meal would most impress a non-vegan?

veggymeggy

Sooooo I might be seeing a new boy who might be absolutely fabulous aside from the fact that he might not be vegan.

BUT - he is at a minimum, both tolerant of my perspective, and curious. He's asked many inquisitive questions and doesn't write me off as crazy, and I think that's a good sign.

And, I have offered to cook us a vegan dinner, which brings me to my request for help. What could I make that would be the most impressive and make a non-vegan sit back and go "Wow, vegan food is good!".

He, as far as I know, will eat pretty much anything, and says he's willing to try anything. I'm pretty capable in a kitchen so I'm not too intimidated by most recipes.

Ideas??? Anyone remember the first vegan meal that made you say "Wow!"?

I'd first ask him what his favorite style of food is: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, American, etc. (and how spicey he likes things. I know if I were served a spicey dish, it would turn me off!), what his favorite foods are, if there's any veggie he doesn't like (serving eggplant to someone who feels lukewarm at best about it won't do much to turn them on to veggie food) then base the meal around that. (The question itself will show him the possibilities of vegan foods).

And make sure you top things off with a gloriously decadent vegan desert!

I'd first ask him what his favorite style of food is: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, American, etc. (and how spicey he likes things. I know if I were served a spicey dish, it would turn me off!), what his favorite foods are, if there's any veggie he doesn't like (serving eggplant to someone who feels lukewarm at best about it won't do much to turn them on to veggie food) then base the meal around that. (The question itself will show him the possibilities of vegan foods).

And make sure you top things off with a gloriously decadent vegan desert!

I agree, I'm sure he eats at least some vegan or very close to vegan meals and doesn't realize it. Knowing his favorite foods would help.