Seasonal Affective Disoder And Light Therapy

Ryofire

I didn't tell you to change who you are, I told you to change your ATTITUDE. Those are 2 different things.

You aren't being unsupported! People are giving you advice and you turn around and play the "I have Asperger's Syndrome" card as if it's an excuse for you being depressed and there's nothing that can change it. You can't change the fact that you have Aspergers but you CAN beat your depression.

Like I said, change your attitude.

Maybe I sound harsh, but you aren't gonna get anywhere if people walk on glass around you.

You can wait a long time, but that's not going to happen. Like the song Thousand Years of Opression, says from Amon Amarth, "Our sprits were forged in snow and ice, to bend like steel forged over fire, we were not made to bend like reed, or turn the other cheek." So therefore my soul and my whole being are something you can never take away from.

If anything you not only sound harsh, you sound like a totalitarian dictator who really does not care about people with autism. The brain and neurological system is a part of the body and like any part of the body it too can malfunction just like the liver and even skeletal muscle tissue. Trust me if you had Aspergers you would crying your eyes out right now. This is not something I would make up. And I know this is coming from someone who has been in a psych hospital, but only someone who's a souless psycho would say the kind of garbage you just said.

And by the way don't go around justifying your own ignorance, cowardice and vitriole by saying foolish things like "oh I have a child with autism," "I have relatives with autism," "I have friends who are autistic," "I work with autistic children," I date a person with autism" or the ever popular "I know/am married/live with someone with autism." I've heard all kinds of accuses already, so go ahead and tell me something I havent't heard before. If you dish it out and can't handle when people dish it back, you should sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Honestly you should be ashamed of yourself. I

Since we are all ignorant and should be ashamed for helping you would you mind informing us what your symptoms are other then depression and anger.

Tell us how we are to understand other than reading and researching it. no one is trying to argue, we are only trying to have compassion.

If we know your symptoms exactly how they are it might help us which in turn could help you

Since we are all ignorant and should be ashamed for helping you would you mind informing us what your symptoms are other then depression and anger.

Tell us how we are to understand other than reading and researching it. no one is trying to argue, we are only trying to have compassion.

If we know your symptoms exactly how they are it might help us which in turn could help you

In simple words it is a complicated neurological, more than mental, behavioral disorder of unkown orgin.

Aspergers as you most likly read is a mild form of autism, in which the notion of it did not become widely known until 1994. Before than it was just considered as another form of high functioning autism. However the thing is that I was born in 1988, over the years I had been misdiagnosed with it ever since. It wasn't until my 21st birthday to be exact, that I offically found out that I had a mild case of Aspergers.

Like I mentioned before, what's loud to someone off the autistic spectrum is 3x louder to an autistic. I also am very sensetive with other senses too, specifically sensetive to touch. Thus why I really don't like the cold. Though all of us are unique in our own way, we are created equal, metaphorically speaking of course, be it autstic or not. When someone loses their sight or hearing they become their other senses become more acute. In simple terms Aspergers/Autism is more neurological than mental. The tympanic membrane (eardrum) is very sensetive to pressure. Like for instance when you get on a plane or go up a mountain. If I'm in a room with fluorescent lights, and it gets quit enough, those lights can really bother me. I'm very thankful my Aspergers is not as severe as others, how ever I don't take it for granted. I don't wish this upon anyone of you, even my enemies.

Since I live in a city not only can I hear all the construction and cars, but I can hear the people talking on their cell phones /to eachother. My attention doesn't go completly towards it, but because it's their I have a harder time concentrating on my current task more than those off the spectrum. For exampleif I'm taking a test, and a jack hammer goes off outside I can't concentrate on the test as well because of the jackhammer. So not only does this get confused for ADD/ADHD, but it also gets confused for OCD because you develop the high levels of anxiety and sometimes you get angry and even depression. It's like the song Course of Nature from Angra says, "spinning around to millions of screams, deafen all your sanity."

Need I say anymore?

I didn't tell you to change who you are, I told you to change your ATTITUDE. Those are 2 different things.

You aren't being unsupported! People are giving you advice and you turn around and play the "I have Asperger's Syndrome" card as if it's an excuse for you being depressed and there's nothing that can change it. You can't change the fact that you have Aspergers but you CAN beat your depression.

Maybe I sound harsh, but you aren't gonna get anywhere if people walk on glass around you.

You can wait a long time, but that's not going to happen. Like the song Thousand Years of Opression, says from Amon Amarth, "Our sprits were forged in snow and ice, to bend like steel forged over fire, we were not made to bend like reed, or turn the other cheek." So therefore my soul and my whole being are something you can never take away from.

If anything you not only sound harsh, you sound like a totalitarian dictator who really does not care about people with autism. The brain and neurological system is a part of the body and like any part of the body it too can malfunction just like the liver and even skeletal muscle tissue. Trust me if you had Aspergers you would crying your eyes out right now. This is not something I would make up. And I know this is coming from someone who has been in a psych hospital, but only someone who's a souless psycho would say the kind of garbage you just said.

And by the way don't go around justifying your own ignorance, cowardice and vitriole by saying foolish things like "oh I have a child with autism," "I have relatives with autism," "I have friends who are autistic," "I work with autistic children," I date a person with autism" or the ever popular "I know/am married/live with someone with autism." I've heard all kinds of accuses already, so go ahead and tell me something I havent't heard before. If you dish it out and can't handle when people dish it back, you should sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Honestly you should be ashamed of yourself. I

You know what? Not only did you completely MISUNDERSTAND what I read, but you also turned around and personally attacked me.

I don't care if you have Asperger's, you have NO RIGHT to call me names like a "psyho" and tell me to "sit down and shut the fuck up".

You need to grow up and learn some manners or you can get out of here. Like I said, you have a bad attitude. Everytime someone disagrees with you, you call them names. That's the definition of an asshole.

From your above message you had mentioned your symptoms are being sensitive to light and sound.

Are there any mental issues other then depression and angry?

If you are just sensitive to lights and sounds.....I am curious if the light therapy you were inquiring about would affect you?

Is the video below a good example of your situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBytZNr4WkI

You know what? Not only did you completely MISUNDERSTAND what I read, but you also turned around and personally attacked me.

I don't care if you have Asperger's, you have NO RIGHT to call me names like a "psyho" and tell me to "sit down and shut the fuck up".

You need to grow up and learn some manners or you can get out of here. Like I said, you have a bad attitude. Everytime someone disagrees with you, you call them names. That's the definition of an asshole.

I understood exactly what you're saying. Of course you don't care about me having Aspergers, I feel you don't care about anyone with aspergers/autism. I still don't understand how you, who does not care about those who are mentally/neurologically challenged, are now starting to care about manners. You have as you said, "NO RIGHT" to preach to me about manners. The reason being because there's a differance between disagreeing and disagreeing in a disconforming way. I came on here simply for support and when you said, "People are giving you advice and you turn around and play the "I have Asperger's Syndrome" card as if it's an excuse for you being depressed and there's nothing that can change it," I felt not only unsupported, but disrespected. I know you literally can not hear the tone of my voice, but right know I want to be fair and say your right in some ways. Depression and anxiety can be treated and so can aspergers. However Aspergers doesn't simply go away go away, at this time there is no cure for aspergers or autism. I know you'll most likly send me back another negative reply, so all I want to say to you is this, do what you please with your life. But know that pretending like your conditions and struggles; be it mentally, neurologically, physically, emotionally, spiritually and even sexually; do not exist is very hazardeous. In the words of Rafiki from the Lion "Yes the past can hurt, but the way I see it, is that you can either run from or learn from it.

Although I still stand my ground and can not help but be hurt by your words, I still honor and even empathize with your struggles. We don't need salvation, all we need is the freedom to face our destiny with courage and honor. I may be autistic (even if it's mildly), but I still have a soul, love, feel emotions and even cry. That's something you and no one else can take away from me.

From your above message you had mentioned your symptoms are being sensitive to light and sound.

Are there any mental issues other then depression and angry?

If you are just sensitive to lights and sounds.....I am curious if the light therapy you were inquiring about would affect you?

Is the video below a good example of your situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBytZNr4WkI

It varies differently for different people who are on the spectrum. Some of the symptoms are just plain human. Like me I'm very sociable and outgoing at times, however growing up, like the girl in the video said, couldn't pick up on a lot of social cues. I still have this trouble and therefore it causes me a lot of anxiety, especially when it comes to big changes. I know change can be good at times, but I learned something over this past year an order to change a person never mind the world, you must be unchangable yourself or you will become corrupt and bring abut your own destruction. In simplified terms I just want to educate people, but at the same time I don't want to loose myself in the process. I personally dell with a lot because always see me as a bad person, because my facial expressions, similar to what she mentioned in the video, always make me seem like I have no empathy or that I have no feelings in general. They put me in a difficult situation and when I go to defend myself, they simply get mad at my reaction. Harry S. Truman once said it best though, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." It's like saying if you start something make sure you can finish it. You follow me on this?

I understood exactly what you're saying. Of course you don't care about me having Aspergers, I feel you don't care about anyone with aspergers/autism. I still don't understand how you, who does not care about those who are mentally/neurologically challenged, are now starting to care about manners. You have as you said, "NO RIGHT" to preach to me about manners. The reason being because there's a differance between disagreeing and disagreeing in a disconforming way. I came on here simply for support and when you said, "People are giving you advice and you turn around and play the "I have Asperger's Syndrome" card as if it's an excuse for you being depressed and there's nothing that can change it," I felt not only unsupported, but disrespected. I know you literally can not hear the tone of my voice, but right know I want to be fair and say your right in some ways. Depression and anxiety can be treated and so can aspergers. However Aspergers doesn't simply go away go away, at this time there is no cure for aspergers or autism. I know you'll most likly send me back another negative reply, so all I want to say to you is this, do what you please with your life. But know that pretending like your conditions and struggles; be it mentally, neurologically, physically, emotionally, spiritually and even sexually; do not exist is very hazardeous. In the words of Rafiki from the Lion "Yes the past can hurt, but the way I see it, is that you can either run from or learn from it.

Although I still stand my ground and can not help but be hurt by your words, I still honor and even empathize with your struggles. We don't need salvation, all we need is the freedom to face our destiny with courage and honor. I may be autistic (even if it's mildly), but I still have a soul, love, feel emotions and even cry. That's something you and no one else can take away from me.

No, you don't understand what I'm saying, because you put words in my mouth.

I never said I don't care about you or people with Asperger's/neurological disorders. You came up with that on your own. I've researched the condition myself, so you should be able to understand plain English. You'd just rather sit there and call me names and tell my I don't care and then go "Oops, I have a disease and can't help myself". I'm not gonna fall for that.

I'm trying to help you with your depression, because I have it too. I tried giving you advice, and all you can do is talk about your Asperger's. It's not that I don't care, I just don't see why having Asperger's means you can't beat your depression. If you come up with excuses like that, you'll never be happy.

If you have more positive thoughts, more positive things will follow in your life.

If you're hurt by my words, then fine. I was hurt by yours. Your words make me very angry.. But no matter how angry I get, I will never call you names, because that's juvenile.

I never said I don't care about you or people with Asperger's/neurological disorders. You came up with that on your own. I've researched the condition myself, so you should be able to understand plain English. You'd just rather sit there and call me names and tell my I don't care and then go "Oops, I have a disease and can't help myself". I'm not gonna fall for that.

I'm trying to help you with your depression, because I have it too. I tried giving you advice, and all you can do is talk about your Asperger's. It's not that I don't care, I just don't see why having Asperger's means you can't beat your depression. If you come up with excuses like that, you'll never be happy.

If you have more positive thoughts, more positive things will follow in your life.

If you're hurt by my words, then fine. I was hurt by yours. Your words make me very angry.. But no matter how angry I get, I will never call you names, because that's juvenile.

Do you actually have aspergers yourself?

Seriously who the fuck are you to lecture me on happiness and other emotions? What do expect me to feel numb? You think I wasn't hurt by your words? Emotions come and go, but Aspergers stays. Like I said before, if you had aspergers syndrome you'd be crying your eyes out. Wheither you'd like to admit or not, your putting words in my mouth just as much as you're claiming I am. Even though I don't wish aspergers on anyone including you, I don't have to justify anything to you at all. So get the fuck off my thread, and take your Stalin-like totalitarian ideas somewhere else.

Do you actually have aspergers yourself?

Seriously who the fuck are you to lecture me on happiness and other emotions? What do expect me to feel numb? You think I wasn't hurt by your words? Emotions come and go, but Aspergers stays. Like I said before, if you had aspergers syndrome you'd be crying your eyes out. Wheither you'd like to admit or not, your putting words in my mouth just as much as you're claiming I am. Even though I don't wish aspergers on anyone including you, I don't have to justify anything to you at all. So get the fuck off my thread, and take your Stalin-like totalitarian ideas somewhere else.

Oh my God..

I'm not lecturing you on happiness. You asked for help for your depression but you keep nattering on about your Asperger's. If you didn't want help with depression, you shouldn't have posted this thread.

You need to quit using your Asperger's syndrome as a crutch and move on with life. If you want to sit and cry like a baby, go for it. I was just trying to help but if you want to be obnoxious, I'm done with you.

Just for the record, I'm not the only one here who's sick of your bad attitude.. And this is a PUBLIC FORUM, meaning anyone can post in here. If you don't like it, go start a whiny blog full of your negative thoughts and "poor me" syndrome. Then you will have control over who posts comments and who doesn't.

Oh my God..

I'm not lecturing you on happiness. You asked for help for your depression but you keep nattering on about your Asperger's. If you didn't want help with depression, you shouldn't have posted this thread.

You need to quit using your Asperger's syndrome as a crutch and move on with life. If you want to sit and cry like a baby, go for it. I was just trying to help but if you want to be obnoxious, I'm done with you.

Just for the record, I'm not the only one here who's sick of your bad attitude.. And this is a PUBLIC FORUM, meaning anyone can post in here. If you don't like it, go start a whiny blog full of your negative thoughts and "poor me" syndrome. Then you will have control over who posts comments and who doesn't.

That's something I'd expect you to say though. But like I said before, I don't have to justify myself to some souless monster like you or anyone else on this forum, so go find yourself a heart. I tried to apologize and reason with you, but you only wanted to retaliate, defend your ego and be right, if anything your the one who's ignorant. though you bring great shame upon yourself, I still am sorry for being so defensive towards you. I know you don't believe me, but I greatly understand you were only trying to help. So do what you please with your life, but never post any negative comments on my threads ever again. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, so don't start something you can't finish.

I live by and honor the teachings of Asatru. So I don't salvation, all I need is the freedom to face my destiny with great courage and great honor. So in other words I don't need to change in order to be like everyone else, no matter what anyone including you says.

My only advice to you is that you must learn more about not only aspergers, but autism in general. In the words of Robert Cutler (a man I personal know who has lived with autism, and uses facilitated communication), if you don't understand an autistic child, call someone with autism in. We're the one's who live with autism everyday.

So have a nice life.

• 13 years later...

I've noticed that these days people are clearly suffering a lot more often from various mental problems, disorders and the like. This is most likely due to the fact that we are all living at a much faster pace than we used to, each of us trying to reach some kind of heights, which makes us succumb to the pressures of society, and so on. It can be difficult to cope with this, which can cause us to experience mental problems. Fortunately, you can turn to Therapy Helpers who will be able to counsel you and help you get rid of all your mental problems and start living your life to the fullest.