Newbie from Canada...with questions ;)

Tamzz

Hey everyone!

Well I am very happy I found this site and have a lot of questions so bare with me as this might be long.

As I was little I always had issues with how I digested food which lead into my adult life. Been hospitalized many times due to I was chronically constipated. Now growing up you don't always have a choice on what you eat. My family is a big meat & dairy eater. All my friends etc are also big meat / dairy eaters. Anyhow I did some research awhile ago and found out I am AB+ blood type which means I should be eating tons of fruits & veggies very little animal & animal byproducts. Finding this out made me happy as I always thought something wrong with how my body reacted to foods especially animal and dairy products. Also breads have a bad effect on me too. After doing research I went to a naturopathic doctor and was diagnosed with reactive hyperglycemia and irritable bowel syndrome. This was a shock for me and also enlightening as I finally got a proper answer and knew I had to made some serious changes.

So after dealing with many issues, finally listening to my body I started to make changes to become a vegetarian. My goal is to become a vegan as I know I still feel certain ways that are not comfortable and need to eat as clean and natural as possible. I know a little here and there but I need more info on where I can get protein from? Keep in mind I have to eat every 2-3hrs and not over eat. My "food list" below consists of a 5 diet combination which include a mixture of AB+ blood type, Low GI, PH balanced, hypoglycemic friendly, gfcf.

Any suggestions on protein sources would be greatly appreciated thank you kindly!

FOODS TO EAT

FRUIT:

*Banana

*Apple

*Pineapple

*Cherry

*Watermelon

*Strawberry

*Grapefruit

*Kiwi

*Lemon

*Blueberry

Grape

Loganberry

Plum

Fig

Apricot

Blackberry

Cantaloupe

Currants

Date

Figs

Lime

Litchi

Nectarine

Papaya

Peach

Pear

Prune

Raisin

Raspberry

Tangerine

VEGGIES:

Asparagus

Alfalfa Sprouts

Broccoli

Bok Choy

Broccoli

Cauliflower

Celery

Collard Greens

Cucumber

Cabbage

Carrot

Eggplant

Leek

Lettuce

Mushroom

potatoes(red with skin))

Pea

Spinach

Tomato

Yam

Watercress

Zucchini

Leek

PROTEIN

Tofu

Vegan meat products

Milk (rice, soya, almond)

BREADS, GRAINS, NUTS

Oatmeal

Brown Rice

Almonds, almond butter

Bulghur or rice bread, pasta

Sesame Seeds (whole)

Soy Beans (dry)

Chestnut

Macadamia

Pistachio

Walnut

Flax Seed

Pinto Bean

Red Bean

Lentil (Green)

OILS

Olive

Walnut

Evening Primrose

Flax

SPICES, SAUCES

Curry

Garlic

Basil

Cinnamon

Dill

Ginger

Nutmeg

Parsley

Sage

almond Butter

Pectin

Seaweed

Miso

Chives

Sea Salt

Vinegar (sweet brown rice, apple)

Supplements / vitamins etc:

digestive enzymes

organic hemp protein

multivitamin / mineral

vit b complex

vit d

tissue salts

amino acid

omega oil (flax, hemp)

cod & liver oil

Welcome. I'm from Sweden and we are next to Denmark which is sort of the european version of Canada

Anyhow I did some research awhile ago and found out I am AB+ blood type which means I should be eating tons of fruits & veggies very little animal & animal byproducts.

You are correct, you should eat tons of fruits and veggies but not because of your specific blod type, everyone should.

All legumes (beans, peas, lentils) and soy products (tofu, tempeh) are great protein sources.

I see you already have tofu listed, have you tried tempeh or seitan?

I would not advice you to eat seitan since it's pure gluten which is often very bad for people with IBS.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I will def check out more on beans, peas, lentils as well as tempeh. are there any nuts, seeds or certain veggies that hold some good protein sources?

If seitan is pure gluten I am def staying away!

Off topic question I tried to put an avatar on and some how doesn't want to work for me...is there a spefic way to do it?

xjohanx I would love to visit Europe again...I was born in Germany but only remember it from really nice photos. (Probably why my family is such big meat / heavy eaters lol)

Hi there. Congrats for your decision to improve your health and I hope you feel better with your new diet.

In my opinion bread and dairy are never really good for anybody, there's always at least small reactions to gluten and casein.

For proteins know that there are proteins in all foods inculding fruits and greens. Actually, greens contain more proteins per calorie than meat or dairy, and some people live on only fruits and greens without protein deficiency if they eat enough, but that's a whole debate many people here wouldn't agree, better discuss it in proper threads rather than here

About the blood type diet, I followed it but not anymore. Like xjohanx said, lots of fruits and greens is good for everybody. Meat is for lions, milk and dairy is for calves.

Welcome !

I've had IBS my whole life too. Animal products are definitely hell on a person who has this illness.

Don't believe any of that "diet for your blood type" hoopla though. I seriously doubt it's been thoroughly tested and researched to come up with such a silly theory. Anyways..

People with IBS-C (IBS with constipation) benefit from a high fiber diet. It also helps to take probiotics to keep yourself regular. They make vegan Bio-K or you can take capsules.

It also helps to make a list of foods that bother you. For instance, most IBS sufferers have a hard time with coffee, chocolate, citrus fruits, alcohol, wheat products, dairy, eggs, meat, cabbage, broccoli, deep fried foods, oily foods, and eating large meals.

Thank you and you are totally right....I did kinda fly off with the wrong question in this area....I will post in another area, I just got too excited Thank you for the heads up on the fruits / veg.

eheh, I wasn't talking about you, its your intro so you can say everything you want I was saying this more for myself and if others want to debate; i wasn't even suppose to talk about raw food in the first place that much as it is controversial... funny that raw food is a touchy subject but that's how it is

Marcina thank you so much....

Yes I find animal products, dairy, breads, pasta all effect me. As for fiber I have tried everything but the only kind that seems to work is high fiber / water fruits and veggies. anything else makes me more constipated, bloated and in pain. Right now I'm trying tissue salts my naturopathic doc suggested so fingers crossed. You are so right about a list...and I have started doing that and really noticed what foods work and don't work. I don't eat chocolate and no way for any coffee unless I want to be bouncing off my walls. Large meals are also no good for me...I'm just started to graze now.

Marcina thank you so much....

Yes I find animal products, dairy, breads, pasta all effect me. As for fiber I have tried everything but the only kind that seems to work is high fiber / water fruits and veggies. anything else makes me more constipated, bloated and in pain. Right now I'm trying tissue salts my naturopathic doc suggested so fingers crossed. You are so right about a list...and I have started doing that and really noticed what foods work and don't work. I don't eat chocolate and no way for any coffee unless I want to be bouncing off my walls. Large meals are also no good for me...I'm just started to graze now.

I don't know what "tissue salts" are, but as a person with IBS I have been told to avoid sodium as much as possible. If I eat only a couple salty crackers it's automatic bloating!!

I also find that drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps. I always have a bottle of water on me.

tissue salts are good for you when you are lacking....nothing like table salt...which I don't even have in my home. There are all different types of tissue salts out there. right now I'm on some homeopathy stuff. so far I've been on this 5 combo diet for a week and have notice huge changes. I actually fall asleep with in 10mins not 2-3 hrs and wake up through out the night. I have been "regular" which is the first time ever in my life. With my hypoglycemia I haven't had the shakes, dizziness and other symptoms as much. Although its only been a week I made drastic changes. It's not easy and I find I am going to have to find a vitamin box to remember all my vitamins also making sure I graze through out the day is a bit hard. I actually gave away 1 1/2 large black garbage bags full of stuff I no longer will eat...including anything with ingredients that are not natural. The only "treat" I have had this week was whole grain tortilla chips with organic salsa. I felt ok though I noticed with spices I have to be careful as I was pretty bloated.

Here is a link about tissue salts

http://www.basicsource.ca/products/