Greetings from Michigan

Brendan Dever

Hi everyone

Love the site here. It's great to see vegans into bodybuilding. We seem to have a reputation of being super skinny and whatnot. I've been a vegan for a little over 2 years now and it was definitely the best decision I ever made. I just started weightlifting a few months ago and hope I can stick with it this time. So far so good though. I'm enjoying it a lot and I believe that being vegan is actually helping me with it.

Well anyway I just wanted to introduce myself. You seem like a great group of people. Take care

Brendan

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is great to be here

I'm currently living in Oxford, Michigan. It's good and bad I guess. I'm the only vegetarian in the area that I know of. I'm sure there are a few, but most likely I'm the only vegan. I just moved back here a few months ago from Phoenix, AZ. I'm trying to finish college, but I've had some trouble finding out what I wanted to do. Luckily, I now know what I'm going to do I'm majoring in Environmental Science and I plan to go to Africa after I get my degree and do community building somewhere there. I guess I just feel like I need to do something worthwhile with my life and I think that's the place where I could do the most good.

Basically, I'm just an easygoing guy. I'm very passionate about what I believe in, especially with my veganism and environmentalism. It's gotten me into a bit of trouble, but oh well... sometimes I just can't help it. I try not to be pushy when talking to people about it, so I wouldn't consider myself "militant". I think the best way to change people's minds is to have a nicer approach and try not to alienate them like some people do.

But hmmm, anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask. Thanks again for the warm welcome and look forward to getting to know you all

I'm majoring in Environmental Science and I plan to go to Africa after I get my degree and do community building somewhere there. I guess I just feel like I need to do something worthwhile with my life and I think that's the place where I could do the most good.

Ooohh that I think may intrigue WillPeavy and Neil, who are also very interested in environmentalism.

I just recently wrote a paper which critiqued the mainstream environmental movement's failure to add "veganism" to its environmental agenda.

There is a thread under the General Discussion category called "To Neil and Will", discussing very briefly some views about enviro and ar. You may have to scroll down a bit as it is a few weeks old. You might want to check it out as it may be of interest to you!

Basically, though, it is so refreshing to see a "vegan environmentalist." I think it was Neil that was saying how he was very disappointed at how few people in the enviro circles are vegans.

Again, we are really excited to have your participation on the board!

I just recently wrote a paper which critiqued the mainstream environmental movement's failure to add "veganism" to its environmental agenda.

Basically, though, it is so refreshing to see a "vegan environmentalist." I think it was Neil that was saying how he was very disappointed at how few people in the enviro circles are vegans.

It's sad really. In my opinion, the single best thing humans can do for the environment is to stop using animals for our purposes. Then you look at all the "environmentalists" and so few are vegan, or even vegetarian. I guess everyone wants everything to be easy, and going vegan isn't easy for most people. So they are environmentalists when it's convenient for them.

I think we'll come back to you with questions on that

Sounds good

I am also the only vegan I know except my girlfriend...

Sucks doesn't it? At least there's plenty of us on the internet. I'd probably go insane if the internet didnt exist

Nono, it's my girl...

Lucky you!

Well, you are the one that has a girlfriend that bakes the best wholemeal-cake for you, right? I watched the video...

AND she takes care of the handy man -ish jobs around the house too.

P.S. Brendan, as you can see, we are all hijackers of threads here and that is just something that you will have to get used to because it isnt about to change!

Nono, it's my girl...

Lucky you!

Well, you are the one that has a girlfriend that bakes the best wholemeal-cake for you, right? I watched the video...

AND she takes care of the handy man -ish jobs around the house too.

Yeah, i'm also VERY lucky (never said different - and never will!)