Vegan Multi-Vitamin Gum

Dr. Pink

Anyone know of any good vegan multi-vitamin that comes in a gum-like format? That way I can stay healthy even if I need to do something active. Or if I'm stuck in a costume for work all day long. What's the easiest/handiest multi-vitamin to take/take with you.

how come you just cant take a vitamin pill in the morning or at night. They dont absorb immediately, they take time in the intestine. I suppose you could set up a pump or something like they use for diabetics. You could put it on your waist and shot stuff right into your blood. What are you Drago from Rocky. Just take the damn pill.

B-Fresh vegan gum is fortified with B-12, but 99.9% of all gum on the market is non-vegan due to either parent company animal testing, or, the use of shellac on the exterior. Even if it doesn't note shellac or one of its other names (confectioner's glaze, resinous glaze), a gum will likely still have it as it's not required by the FDA to be listed.

As far as a vegan gum with a built-in multi-vitamin, there's no such thing on the market yet, so there's nothing I could recommend at this point.

Effects on health

Stomach acid

The consumption of chewing gum is discouraged by some doctors, because chewing it too frequently has been said to increase the production of stomach acid to abnormal levels over a long period of time.

Possible carcinogens

Concern has arisen about the possible carcinogenicity of the vinyl acetate (acetic acid ethenyl ester) used by some manufacturers in their gum bases. The Canadian government has classified the ingredient as a "potentially high hazard substance."[5] Currently the ingredient can be hidden in the catch-all term "gum base".

Lots of gums list glycerin as an ingredient, without the source.

Just today when visiting mother we visited the local natural foods store that I used to love when living here to see if they had any multi-vitamins I could take. Found something that said it was Vegan friendly and completely raw and organic called Vitamin Code by a company called Garden of Life. Been feeling rather blah so I decided to take start taking a multi-vitamin. Starting to feel a little better at least. Anyone hear of Garden of life?

As for my future plans in health. When I start getting more money in life I will start taking more vitamins. Every morning I will make a soymilk-protein powder shake and pour some powdered vitamin supplements( The kind you mix with other liquids in it ) to take with me and put the shakes in portalbe refrigeration system.

I also plan on always carrying at least one huge bottle of chewable complete vitamins on me( Because I hear the chewable type gets into your system faster ) and a B-12 spray( If possible maybe one that also doubled as a breath mint ).

Too many vitamins or is it better to be safe then sorry?

Anyone hear of Garden of life?

They make decent products for their vegan stuff, but the owner/founder is kind of a schmuck from what I've heard. Apparently, even though their company makes a bunch of vegan products, he's been quoted as saying that a vegan diet is less than perfect because he's all hung up on goat's milk or some other crap that he claims is one of "nature's perfect foods". At least, that's what's been relayed to me, but as far as their products, they do have a good reputation for making quality stuff, but it isn't usually all that cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for information reasons ... and WARNING don not take any FAT SOLUBLE VITAMINS AS A ISOLATED SUPPLEMENT. THIS MEANS EVEN FOODS THAT ARE ENRICHED WITH THESE VITAMINS OR FORTIFIED.

SPECIALLY VITAMIN A and E <----- THESE INCREASE CANCER GROWTH!!!

They are fine if they are naturally in a food product but when you isolate them they do the body harm.

Vitamin D2 is OK and important to take.

IF YOU NEED EVIDENCE I WOULD BE GLAD TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION