Living with critters!

RAINRA

Yeah I am at it again. Living with fellow critters. Last time it was ants this time roaches. I think I am taking veganism to a whole new level. They tend to come out at night and like the kitchen area. They look for food of course. We moved to a new building and now I got these friends.. Lol man I think for a second that it is freakin strange but I guess we have lived with them now 3 months and so far they have not really bothered us. They just roam around for crumbs and most of our food is in fridge and freezer. They come out with their whole family it seems. From babies to adults. Maybe 6 of them or so. I can't get rid of them because I have heard other people complain in the building about them. I guess for a 890 dollar a month apartment that is what you get. Specially living 30 minutes from Center of of the city.

Tell me your critter story

my on campus apartment at my school, apparently each spring the ants have a party in it. so last spring, my first year here, they went crazy.

i killed hordes. flushed to be precise, as i can't bring myself to step on one or anything like that. i was living with my sister at the time, who is a very committed vegan, and she obviously was having quite the internal struggle over what to do. for a couple weeks she took them outside but it just got ridiculous, we were overrun. you'd look on the counter and see a dozen. you'd see lines of them marching around the walls. terrible. i wasn't really a vegan at the time, just sort of a pseudo/de-facto vegan...

but yeah i flushed my an ant, but it was a terrible situation.

yeah rent here is usually 1200 average 1 bedroom apartment 800 or so square feet. I found a studio 680 for 897. I got lucky should I say. DC is really freakn expensive. I pay all this myself. Many are low income couples who either pay for the rent split it in half or go through low income housing benefits. That is what tends to happen on a average salary you end up living with couples who make each less than you but combined make as much as you. I could not afford anything higher.

i've got a problem with roaches. they are in the kitchen,within the food and the cutlery.

and they leave their faeces there. so i have no choice that put poison.

i'm sorry,i don't wanna hurt and kill'em, but what can i do