Foods that require no preparation. Must have list.

nou

School/work/EC is killing me and ich muss have foods that require zero preparation. The only exception is oats or anything that can be microwaved or blended in under 5 minutes. I'm trying to construct a template from these:

Oats

Soymilk

Soybeans

fruits (apples, bananas, blueberries, etc)

raw vegetable smoothies (tomatoes, celery, carrots, etc etc)

Natural peanut butter

Brown rice

Kidney beans

Pea protein isolate

What else can be added here?

Also, I am wondering, the store I shop at sells frozen vegan burgers. I've never had them. My friend says they taste gross when microwaved, which is the only way I'd cook them. Can anyone confirm if that's true? Is there some other frozen vegan product that can be microwaved?

Couscous is a good suggestion.

Wraps are pretty quick to toss together...I just keep tortillas in my freezer and bring one out when I need it.

If you have time, you might want to spend a couple of hours one day cooking huge batches of things (e.g., chili, soups, curries, whatever) and then freezing it in individual portions. I find that's really helpful when I'm pressed for time.

About the veggie burgers, you dont want to microwave them, thats a no no. Its just like microwaving tofu, doesn't work. If you microwave the veggie burgers it will turn it to mush. You just want to defrost the veggie burgers, be careful not to defrost them too much, be careful when defrosting. Then you cook them on a pan with oil, maybe some nice vegan bbq sauce. Don't cook the veggie burgers on high heat, just on low, until the burgers are partially firm enough to put on a bun. The less you can cook them the better, cuz the ton of nutrients they have can easily be burnt off.

Some extra quick sources for protein are wheat germ, hemp powder with 50-60% protein, and rice protein powder. One great thing is that you can mix all of these in shakes. Wheat germ is about 30% protein, is very very nutrious, and very inexpensive, only 1.99$ per pound in a Bulk Barn near me. The wheat germ has about 10g of fat, 19 g of protein, and like 49g carbs for a serving. So it's probably best to have it in the afternoon-after a good workout when your metabolism will need the carbs.

Good luck man, I wish you best on finding very time effective nutritious vegan foods. Im on the same quest lol.

Shawn B.

That's something I've been giving much tought:

I'm at college from 5pm to 10pm, that's too much time not to eat anything, and at the same time, I don't wanna go for anything with much carbs for it being so late at night. Can anyone suggest something with some protein (15-20g is okay for my bw) and little/no carbs that's easy to just take out of a tupperware?

That's something I've been giving much tought:

I'm at college from 5pm to 10pm, that's too much time not to eat anything, and at the same time, I don't wanna go for anything with much carbs for it being so late at night. Can anyone suggest something with some protein (15-20g is okay for my bw) and little/no carbs that's easy to just take out of a tupperware?

I would try some stir-fry vegetable tofu. I made some myself and it tasted delicious AND nutritious, two in one! There are multiple recipes online. (I try not to cook the vegetables too much to preserve its nutritional content.)

Hey, sounds awesome!

Don't know what my classmates would think of me, dunking tofu and veggies while they munch on whatever is on sight, the greasier the better. I don't really care though, definitely gonna try that out! Just have to find some good recipe, the several times I tried to fry tofu it always turned out awful.

Thanks for helping, really