I hate January!

madcat

With everyone’s New Year’s resolutions the gym is packed.

No freakin' kidding. It's crazy even in my gym, which is at a university. And school isn't even in session. My workout buddy said she also went to the Y and there was a line for the treadmills and she ended up going home without getting on any of the cardio equipment.

my gym closed down for a couple weeks so i just ended up using the gym and pool at my girls house for a bit...pretty basic but so close to the kitchen....

and having the tennis court right there is a plus too.

I don’t understand why my gym has 20 or so stair machines (only 5 are ever in use at once) but only 3 elliptical machines (always always always in use). Gurrrr

Also ½ of the gym is nautilus equipment which is hardly ever in use while the free weights are packed.

i missed my home gym so much over christmas - i hated having to wait for stuff, i hated having no control over the (always) shitty music and i hated that i couldnt train exactly when i wanted to. christmas wasnt terrible for training, but it was much better for eating

SeaSiren - did your cage come with dip attachments? i will be doing weighted dips most fridays now i hope over at buzz's and they are lovely

jonathan

I love having a home gym! Only problem is cats underfoot.

My cats have pretty much learned to avoid me while I workout. I do get extra "coaching"during floorwork and abs, though, when my cat Scooter likes to join me (and once, he jumped up on my chest---which is pretty flat when I'm lying down!--while I was doing dumbbell flyes! )