Jay-Z's Hundredth Problem: Canine Fur Coats

Vegan Joe

China and this Racoon Dog is apparently a big problem in the clothing industry

http://www.hsus.org/furfree/news/jay_z_raccoon_dog_fur.html

Another music-to-fashion crossover artist—this time Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, who famously rapped that he had "99 problems"—was revealed to be selling fur from a type of dog, but the fur was described as "faux." (See video of a raccoon dog skinned alive for fur.)

The HSUS purchased a "faux fur" jacket from Jay-Z's Rocawear website, and sent it for lab testing to find out exactly what animal the fur really belonged to. The test showed that the fur was taken from raccoon dogs—a type of dog raised for fur in China.

yeah,why joe

u're not one of those poor creatures who are tortured,what the hell do u know about

that kind of suffering

they are sadist,cruel,evil

THE HELL WITH THEM

AND THE HELL WITH the people who defend them

how dare you to defend those bastards,and you are pro war,what the hell

Simply saying that you don't want to kill everyone who isn't in line with veganism doesn't equal defending torture of animals and the people who do it. To some of us, it doesn't make any sense to kill someone because they killed someone/something else - it won't bring the animals back, after all, so what would it REALLY do if you could kill them after all?

A lot of vegans don't believe violence toward non-vegans is going to make the world better. Non-vegans get turned off by that sort of talk, as it only succeeds in making us look as crazy as they want to believe we are. I'd rather win over the hearts and minds of people via compassion rather than say "I think you should die because you eat/kill animals." But, that's just me.

yeah,why joe

u're not one of those poor creatures who are tortured,what the hell do u know about

that kind of suffering

they are sadist,cruel,evil

THE HELL WITH THEM

AND THE HELL WITH the people who defend them

how dare you to defend those bastards,and you are pro war,what the hell

Because I believe in defense, and helping peoples throw off oppression, doen't mean I'm pro-war. You people who think that if you disbanded all the armies of the world, life would be beautiful, have alot to learn about human nature.

Listen to yourself about killing people.

I quess the world is different now. When I was a kid if I sad I hated someone, my Mother would stop me and tell me: "You shouldn't hate, it's OK not to like someone or something, but you shouldn't hate.". I told my children the same thing, and I wish to convey my Mother's words of wisdom to you.

PS I ain't no saint, just in case you were thinking along those lines.

are you reading what i'm writing or what

i didn't say i want to kill all the non-vegans,i want to kill the people who skin alive animals,and all the people who torture animals

(in labs,farms ets)

yes, i have a lot of hatred,rage and pain,you know why

cause i care,cause i'm not egoist,egocentric,shallow,frivolous,heartles,and inconsiderate

i don't live in a bubble

i want justice, and peace and love,for all the living beigns

SORRY

blood calls for more blood. There is a non-violent way to solve all problems. Slowly but surely. So killing these brutes wont solve anything, other bastards will replace them. If you kill one of them, YOU will be seen as the killer in the medias, not them; and people watching the news will say all vegans are fanatics and killers. If violence must be used, I am for revolution to stop all this madness, but only by destruction of material, building, infrastructure, not lost of living beings. But the best tool is to use the medias as our advantage, to tell people the truth, so when nobody will want to wear fur, this massacre will end, but there is no other way.

Many years ago (and apologies if this makes me sound like your granny) I was all "kill the b@st@rds, kill em now!" n all that. I'm still as vegan and pro animal rights as I ever was, but I no longer believe that declaring war on anyone who disagrees with my views is the way forward. The media are doing an excellent job demonising animal rights activists and protraying them all as violent eejits as it is. I think that the last thing that the animals need is the movement that speaks up for them is being dismissed as a bunch of tossers that are best ignored.

You won't achieve animal rights by killing off abusers. Look at any other movement or organisation that is trying to get their point across by being violent - they're all depicted as terrorists and nobody outside their club wants anything to do with them.

I've found that, over the years, I've been able to change a lot of people's perspectives on animal rights by just being upfront about the fact that I'm vegan, and answering any questions that they might have. Bringing cake along to any occasion has definitely also helped! They won't all be going vegan, but at least I got them thinking about it, which is a lot more than if I'd gone round shouting that I wanted to kill all the animal abusers.

My twopence worth....