Eating before bed

So, I am hearing a lot about eating before bed is not good for the body. Something about blood being in the stomach to digest the food where it should be in the brain. So... If eating before bed is not good for the body, or sleep quality, any recommendations when one should eat before going to bed? I am trying to gain weight through weight lifting and building muscle, and so I eat roughly 2-3 hours.

Thank you for your time.

Nobody's ever gotten brain damage from having their blood go to their stomach by eating before bed.

Quite honestly, there's nothing wrong with eating before bed. The problem most people have with it is that you're laying down and not burning off those calories you just ate. It's not a good thing to do if you're trying to lose fat.

Of course, you shouldn't eat a 4 course meal before bed because it will interfere with your sleep quality, but having a snack like a banana and some toast is perfectly fine. Some foods actually help people sleep. Oatmeal and bananas for example. I like to eat oatmeal because it's warm and helps me relax. I often have it with some tea. Bananas contain the amino acid "tryptophan".

If you are trying to gain weight, feel free to eat before bedtime. I personally wake up in the middle of the night hungry if I don't.

Eat enough so that you aren't hungry. If you stuff yourself you probably won't feel much like sleeping

Avoid foods that make you energetic, such as anything sugary, or containing caffeine (chocolate, candy, cookies, white bread etc.)

Marcina said it very well so no need for me to add anything.

Bananas also can give some people wicked dreams if eaten right before bed. Not sure if it's from the potassium or the magnesium.

I'll vouche for this! One banana an hour before bed time seems to help me sleep.

I eat bananas before bed and have crazy dreams too, but bananas always and crazy dreams only sometimes. I have noticed though, that since I've started eating a lot of bananas mosquitos flock to me where they never did before. I'd heard that but I see it for myself now.

I love having bananas before bed too. They really help eliminate the before-bed hunger.

I have better, more vivid dreams if I have bananas before bed too hah. Bananas also seem to help me remember my dreams better when I wake up.

I dont think there is anything with eating before bed. Some people say having your insulin high while you sleep lowers your growth hormone levels, but I doubt its true. From experience, ever since I ate before bed, like carbs and all, until I felt satisifed, I have gained strength. I think you actually need those extra calories before bed, because lots of the time your body is still in calorie burning mode even when your sleeping.

Gotta love my organic spelt flakes before bed, with a tinge of brown sugar, organic vanilla soymilk, and a tasty banana! And if Im still hungry, a nice handful of almonds or cashews.

Aw, so it's all bias, thanks Chris! A kilogram of castanhas de caju is around 25R$~15U$.

There's also a big problem with caju, people like its nut, but not the fruit itself (you need a grown fruit to get one little nut), wich is often thrown away! A friend of mine has a recipe for caju mockmeat, I'm eager to try that out sometime.

So, spamming ended, again, thanks and sorry everyone.