Help, any computer whizzes out there??

Phoenix

I'm relatively new to this technology (forums and chats and boards and lions and tigers and bears...oh my.......) Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, I want to put a pic of me on/in my "avatar" I know how to go about it, that seems pretty straight forward but all my pictures are too big (space wise, you know....over 6kb) I can crop them but can't do much more with them because I don't have the software.

I would also like to know how to insert?? my "before"pics into the body of the message so that I can publically humiliate myself into geting off my butt and start back working out. How would I go about doing that?

THANK YOU in advance to anyone who can help.

If you send me the image you want for your avatar, at the size that you want it, I can reduce the file size to 6kb without changing the dimensions, then send it back to you. My email address is [email protected]

with regards to posting images, they have to be hosted online somewhere and then linked to. You can use imageshack like Daywalker said. Then copy the location of the image which will be like http://www.imageshack.us/blahblahblah.jpg or whatever, then when you come to write a message on the forum, type the URL address, then highlight it, and press the Img button in the top right. This will make the image appear in your post where you wrote the URL. Hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions if I didn't explain it right

I am a computer whiz. Ask me anything

Just kidding, I'm known on here for not knowing anything about a computer, but I was able to set mine up on my own 2 days ago, which made me pretty happy.

I've had my same avatar photo up for 8 months because I'm afraid if I try to change it I won't be able to get one back up there.

But I'll try soon.

Richard is pretty good with this kind of stuff, so take his advice.

And yeah, his drawings rock!

-Rob

That's very kind, thank you. I think... right...

Most people tend not to look that long, probably the scowl I was wearing with the growth hormones, steroids and other pharmaceuticals raging through my blood stream.

Seriously though, I've mellowed quite a bit and mothers don't pull their children closer to them as I walk by as often as they used to....

That's very kind, thank you. I think... right...

Most people tend not to look that long, probably the scowl I was wearing with the growth hormones, steroids and other pharmaceuticals raging through my blood stream.

Seriously though, I've mellowed quite a bit and mothers don't pull their children closer to them as I walk by as often as they used to....

btw yes a compliment it was indeed.

Hmm....Pheonix you look like a movie star but I cant quite put my finger on whom exactly.

Hey Nat, I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure "who" either.

Maybe a cross between our vegan friend Woody Harrelson and Billy Bob Thornton

Maybe I'm way off, but anyway, Phoenix, it's a good thing.

Later,

Robatron 5900

Hmm....Pheonix you look like a movie star but I cant quite put my finger on whom exactly.

Hey Nat, I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure "who" either.

Maybe a cross between our vegan friend Woody Harrelson and Billy Bob Thornton

Maybe I'm way off, but anyway, Phoenix, it's a good thing.

Later,

Robatron 5900

I think that is a good fit Rob! Both men are good lookin' so Pheonix should be flattered.

ya, Woody Harrelson is totaly into sustainable living, environmentalism, veganism. He lives in a vegan community in Hawaii and grows his own food, practices yoga, etc. He is a very "conscious" dude. I like him.