when to stop working out?

vegeteen

You should stop when your body tells you to stop. Although, sometimes, I get so caught up in the fun of working out, that I don't realize "hey, this is gonna hurt tomorrow!"

It depends on how long you've been working out and your level of fitness really. I've been going to the gym for several years, so it takes a lot more effort for me to "overdo it".

For a beginner though, they can get wiped out more easily.

I usually weight train for no more than 40 minutes, and if I'm doing cardio the same day, I'll keep it to about 20. My goals are mostly muscle gain though so cardio is minimal.

Let us know your fitness level and goals and we can help you figure out an answer to your question.

hey, basically im trying to gain some weight and get a little more "buff" currently working hard on triceps because i never really worked them before and shoulders..my abs arent too bad but im still working them, biceps, chest arent too bad either.. im not doing cardio really because im trying to gain some mass.

hey, basically im trying to gain some weight and get a little more "buff" currently working hard on triceps because i never really worked them before and shoulders..my abs arent too bad but im still working them, biceps, chest arent too bad either.. im not doing cardio really because im trying to gain some mass.

Try weight training with a split routine 3-4 days a week to start with. Do about 40 minutes each session. That seemed to work for me to gain mass, but again, I don't know your level of fitness, age, or body type. What works for me might not work as well for you.

There are different approaches to this "problem". The best one is simply to get a good training program where every workout session is decided before you go in to the gym. Choose one that focuses on compound lifts but leaves a little room for additional excersises (isolation work) that you can choose to do if you're still feeling energetic etc. If your goal is to build muscle mass I think this approach is the only sane approach to take.

I think following a program, making sure you add weights and keeping track of the weights is the only real way to get the best results you can. If you're more inte just having fun every session then just work out untill you're tired.

There are different approaches to this "problem". The best one is simply to get a good training program where every workout session is decided before you go in to the gym. Choose one that focuses on compound lifts but leaves a little room for additional excersises (isolation work) that you can choose to do if you're still feeling energetic etc. If your goal is to build muscle mass I think this approach is the only sane approach to take.

I think following a program, making sure you add weights and keeping track of the weights is the only real way to get the best results you can. If you're more inte just having fun every session then just work out untill you're tired.

Solid advice.

Without knowing the goal for that specific workout session, it is impossible to say when you've done enough and if the workout was a good one. To answer these questions you need to look at the larger picture. What are the short term goals of your training and how is this individual session supposed to help you achieve them? When is your next training session, and how hard can you train today without it interfering with this next session?