Building Mass on mostly raw foods

Sorriso

Hey this is my first post and I just had a question for Robert if that was okay. I want to know if you think its possible to gain mass on a mostly raw diet? I am 5'8 and 150ibs with about 6 % bodyfat and I want to gain 10 ibs.

Also do you know of by hand how many calories and serving size's are in your mostly raw program??

thanks alot for the awsome site and forum. You Vegans rock!!

Mostly Raw Food Bodybuilding Nutrition Program

7AM

Bowl of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)

½ grapefruit

2 bananas with natural peanut butter

Multivitamin

16oz orange juice

10AM

Bowl of mixed nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts)

2-4 servings of dates

16oz fruit smoothie with Vega meal replacement powder

1PM

Bean/Broccoli salad (Kidney beans, garbanzo beans, broccoli, spinach, snow peas, green beans, carrots, green peppers, romaine lettuce).

Potato wedges with vegan dressing

16oz water

4PM

Spinach, kale, and cabbage leaves with broccoli, olives, pine nuts, and sliced tomatoes.

Snow peas and green beans

1 large peach or nectarine

16oz water

7PM

Large vegetable platter with hummus

Sliced yams with vegan seasoning

Lentil and black bean soup

16oz fruit smoothie with protein powder and G-glutamine supplement

10PM

2 servings of mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds)

2 servings of seaweed chips

16oz soymilk

Hey buddy, welcome!

Check out www.veganproteins.com as a good place to start. Giacomo Marchese is a raw food vegan bodybuilder and a cool guy....there is some good info there.

You CAN put on mass on a RAW diet (I've see Giacomo do it) but it seems to be pretty hard. I eat all kinds of vegan foods and find no reason to eat "only" raw foods but you can do it and hard work and believing in yourself are great places to begin.

I don't know the calories for these programs but I have about 50 meal programs in my book that comes out next month and does have calorie break-down, etc. and there are some raw meal programs too.

www.veganbodybuildingbook.com

Check in with Giacomo as a great place to start! He is Lean and Green on the forum.

Take care, welcome to our group!

Hey this is my first post and I just had a question for Robert if that was okay. I want to know if you think its possible to gain mass on a mostly raw diet? I am 5'8 and 150ibs with about 6 % bodyfat and I want to gain 10 ibs.

Mostly Raw Food Bodybuilding Nutrition Program

7AM

Bowl of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)

½ grapefruit

2 bananas with natural peanut butter

Multivitamin

16oz orange juice

10AM

Bowl of mixed nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts)

2-4 servings of dates

1PM

Bean/Broccoli salad (Kidney beans, garbanzo beans, broccoli, spinach, snow peas, green beans, carrots, green peppers, romaine lettuce).

Potato wedges with vegan dressing

16oz water

4PM

Spinach, kale, and cabbage leaves with broccoli, olives, pine nuts, and sliced tomatoes.

Snow peas and green beans

1 large peach or nectarine

16oz water

7PM

Large vegetable platter with hummus

Sliced yams with vegan seasoning

Lentil and black bean soup

16oz fruit smoothie with protein powder and G-glutamine supplement

10PM

2 servings of mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds)

2 servings of seaweed chips

16oz soymilk

Hi Sorriso,

I know I'm not Robert but I eat a 99% raw vegan diet (occasional black beans or hummus or such) and you can definitely put on weight and mass eating raw. Depending on your metabolism it may require a LOT of food but it can be done. And personally, I think you can do it without high fat or powders (sorry Robert:). Fats increase calories easily and powders are convenient.

I will gladly share more if you are interested. But I know you can build quality muscle and be very lean with a raw vegan diet. Plus you will feel better!

Let me know if you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont really think a meal plan is all that necessary. Eating raw and vegan is very simple.

You can definately gain on a raw vegan diet. As they say, as long as you get enough calories from fresh fruits and vegetables, you are getting all the necessary amino acids, vitamins, minerals, anything you can ask for.

Yes, BANANAS are a great fruit that are extremely convenient and high in nutrient-rich calories (especially if they are organic bananas). Dates are also a very good food and have alot of good calories. I wouldnt consume a multivitamin because fresh fruits and veggies give you all the nutrition you need. For nuts and seeds, they may be very high in calories, but watch on how many you consume, try to get your calories from mostly fruits (and veggies). Too many fats can stress your digestion and drain vital energy.

Eat lots of fruit salads and green leafy salads!

Good luck!!!

I dont really think a meal plan is all that necessary. Eating raw and vegan is very simple.

You can definately gain on a raw vegan diet. As they say, as long as you get enough calories from fresh fruits and vegetables, you are getting all the necessary amino acids, vitamins, minerals, anything you can ask for.

Yes, BANANAS are a great fruit that are extremely convenient and high in nutrient-rich calories (especially if they are organic bananas). Dates are also a very good food and have alot of good calories. I wouldnt consume a multivitamin because fresh fruits and veggies give you all the nutrition you need. For nuts and seeds, they may be very high in calories, but watch on how many you consume, try to get your calories from mostly fruits (and veggies). Too many fats can stress your digestion and drain vital energy.

Eat lots of fruit salads and green leafy salads!

Good luck!!!

Very good recommendations.

I to feel if I eat to many nuts and seeds it takes away from my performance.

Fruits and veggies is were it is at.