Veganism A form of enlightment like (true yoga)

RAINRA

I just watched a documentary on yoga and think that westernized yoga is only a physical form of it. The mental aspect which for many in the East is the true yoga form is about enlightment or awareness.

It made me think of veganism. I look at the world in a whole different view now because of veganism.

Maybe it is more powerful than I thought.

I see every creature as it is, I see people for who they really are and I see society as a system to conform people and to remove people from being different. The human world want all of us to follow the same path in life. Grow up find make a good living, find a life partner get married and have kids. I think that has all changed with me after being vegan. I see things more for what they are and not what we are told to think of it.

Sound a big deep but I like philosophy and think that veganism has just opened my eyes to the world where before I think I was just a lemming following the same path as everyone else.

I totally understand what you are saying man.

Same with me, ever since going vegan, which was like a month and a half ago I feel so much more clear minded and happier. I know where I am going in life, and I feel more confident than ever.

I started meditating about 5 or 6 months ago, I think it guided me towards becoming vegan. By meditating I became more in touch with my inner self, and knowing what it needs. I also understood my inner health more clearly.

I have strong confidence and faith veganism will become popular worldwide.

Everybody, you must hold this faith, because it is faith that moves mountains.

• 3 weeks later...

reason I don't try yoga because it is seems to spiritual to me. I just want some good flexibility for my breaking and parkour but everytime I look for a place seems like everyone is into the light headed spriritual stuff which is not me at all.

reason I don't try yoga because it is seems to spiritual to me. I just want some good flexibility for my breaking and parkour but everytime I look for a place seems like everyone is into the light headed spriritual stuff which is not me at all.

Real Men Do Yoga - read it. it's strictly a book explaining the benefits of yoga without any spiritual talk. i was so happy to find a book without all that hippie crap - for athletes, without any "pretend your arms are branches of a tree swaying in the wind"

I want to look for that book.

I've had trouble finding a studio here that wasn't ....hippie-ish, for lack of a better word. I don't want a speech about spirituality, I just want to be bendy. The only classes like this I can find are taught in the gym, not a real studio, and I find the quality of instruction to be poor.