Thrive Diet / BB'ing question

Hello everyone...

I just finished reading Thrive diet. AMAZING! Kudos. Anyways Brendan talks about including more pseudograins (buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, wild rice). I love wild rice and quinoa and find they're easy to cook with but I really don't know how to cook with buckwheat and amaranth. I know there are some recipes in the book but i was wondering if any of you guys have any other creatively delicious ways of cooking it. Can they just be added to soups?

Thanks

In Canada the price of buckwheat isn't too bad. It's pretty cheap. But then again, we have Alberta, Saskatchewan, and much of Manitoba (the prairies) to grow that kinda shit.

As for amaranth, I don't even know where to find that.. But I've seen Buckwheat groats in the bulk foods section. It makes good porridge, or you can try out the buckwheat pancake recipe that's in the Thrive Diet book.

I have a bag of buckwheat in the kitchen that I still haven't used, so it'll be cool if anyone has any recipes. I've used plenty of flour for the buckwheat pancakes though. I have one every day

I still haven't tried popping amaranth. I'm kinda half following the thrive diet. I found a lot of the recipes weren't too great though. I still have the smoothies from it, energy bars every so often, buckwheat pancakes and salads.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to gradually transition back to raw. I've heard you can soak quinoa, millet and legumes and sprout for only 8-24 hours, instead of waiting days, which usually ends up inviting mold. I'm excited to try this. Also, I soak raw buckwheat overnight and make a porridge with it, adding flax, sunflower seeds, raisins, apples, and cinnamon, at least one morning a week.