What to spread on bread?

kumar5

I have peanut butter.

Almond butter is too pricey in Malaysia, so I can't use it daily.

How do you make a spread from avocado and hummus? Ground them into a paste?

I saw some vegetarian yeast spread in the supermarket, low in protein though.

I have peanut butter.

Almond butter is too pricey in Malaysia, so I can't use it daily.

How do you make a spread from avocado and hummus? Ground them into a paste?

I saw some vegetarian yeast spread in the supermarket, low in protein though.

Hummus is already kinda a paste! Mix a tin of chickpeas, 1tbsp tahini, 1 clove garlic, juice of a lemon and enough olive oil to get a good consistency in a blender or food processor (add salt/pepper to taste too). You can add peppers, sundried tomatoes or whatever you want to mix it up a bit!

Can make guacamole with avacado, I've never had it on bread before.

This might be the place to ask people, is store bought bread generally good for you?

Especially bad for you things like baguettes and sourdough and ciabatta.(

I eat a multi grain sourdough cob (only one brand i choose) and it is terrific toasted with grilled tomato, mushroom & spinach. Certainly no harm has come to me from the bread over the years. What is bad in the sourdough that I might be missing?

Hummus is good and also avocado, i suppose those are more suited for chips; bread works as well. And I like Trade Joe's Eggplant spread. Almond butter is good. ok lasts for a month...there is this health food that is basically peanut butter protein without the fat, you just add water and it essentially has the consistency of peanut butter. it's kind of goopy but it's not bad. http://www.bellplantation.com/