low carb/high sat fat for weight loss, soy and grains bad?

seitan_man

I found this article online, what does the panel think?:

The cells burn (use) glucose. Glucose triggers insulin release to uptake the glucose for storage in muscle and liver, as glycogen. After glycogen stores are topped up, any excess is converted to fat via the cells` Krebs cycle. Calories are an energy unit to raise water temp. in a lab, and dont belong in in any scientific human physiology discussion. The body has several homeostasis mechanisms that vary metabolic rate, this to conserve fat and protein stores, and mainly will neutralize whatever one may try do do with calories, outside of starvation. On a Dr R. Atkins high-fat diet, it has been shown that consuming over 5000 calories a day led to body-fat loss. Mainstreams dieticians dont like this idea, and are NOT allowed to advise on it, but these are physiological facts that cannot be disputed, even if dieticians hint at hisgh sat. fat diet side effects. I have been on the low carb, high sat. fat diet since the mid 70s. The omissions are the main known causes of obesity. These are carbohydrates especially sugars. Grains contain lectin plant phenols, chemicals, that desensitize cell membranes to insulin, creating a too high insulin release. Grains also contain leptin plant hormones that interfere with signalling between pancreas and liver, playing havoc with insulin production. Maybe the reason this is not discussed by dieticians is that it makes a mockery of the nonsensical food pyramids, that advise carb. gorging through the day, and of course necassarily causing obesity. Then, unfermented soy has phyto-oestrogens, plant hormones, that massively disrupt thyroid function. Obesity. Msg and Asprtame, 2 commonly consumed neurotoxins, have had their pathways to obesity identified. One must also be very aware that artery-narrowing blood tri-glycerides are raised by carbs., espesially sugars, and alcohol. If one follows the science route, you avoid obesity, and, one of the 3 main causes of heart disease and stroke, and you reduce diabetes risk.

The article is complete bull. Does it give any references at all?

I would read this excellent post from the BS detective about low-carb diets, their faulty claims and the what real science says about insulin, glucagon and metabolic advatage theories. http://www.thebsdetective.com/2009/10/bullshitter-of-day-oct-7th-gary-taubes.html

If you want to get into some more reading about metabolic advatage (and how it's complete nonsense) I highly recommend "They're all mad" which is a free e-book written by Anthony Colpo. He promotes low carb diets but for other reasons. He isn't the best source for correct scientific information but he did a real good job on this book. You can find it here http://www.thefatlossbible.net/They_Are_All_Mad.pdf.

Personally I hate low-carb diets because eating too much fat makes me sick and it doesn't give me much satiety at all. But it does work for some. There is no good reason to eat a high sat fat diet though. Joelk on this forum diets down for competitions kinda low-carbish so try to get some advice from him if you want to. I'll just have to say that I still think you're looking for an easy way out. Calories are king so start counting.

A good buddy of mine wants me to start going to the gym with him, but the one he has in mind is a 'tough guy' gym in every sense of the word, filled with bouncers, thugs and steroid users. My friend saw some guy jacking up right in the changing room

I have seen some pretty good deals on second hand weights, so I think I could get a good setup for not that much money. Plus, I can train when I want to, rather than basing it around going to the gym.

i agree that aspartame and msg are neurotoxins or at least very unhealthy, but my family consumes aspartames and probably some msg and theyre not showing signs of neurotoxicity but im not a doc . i try to avoid that crap; however millions of other people are on it. the saturated fat diet sounds bad although i had a friend who was like, 'i'm on an all fat diet.' but she was vegetarian i think. and supposedly a high fat diet isnt terrible and she could have been being somewhat facetious. i dunno though, in general i think there are lots of subtleties to nutrition science and most important as somebody said calories is king. a balanced diet is important. youre actually going to buy that guys books? itd be interesting to see how it goes on a 5000 calorie diet of fat. wow.