My side effects on high protein

shawnb222

dude I haven't explained anything in my third post because I said I wouldn't repeat, I already said and explained in the first and second post, eventhough you found it wasn't enough -- but I don't care. You haven't found or said anything yet to disprove or refute what I was saying and I wish you good luck. It is strange that you say everything I said is not true but you say nothing to refute it. Truth is you just don't understand what I said -- nothing to be ashamed of, I know my English is far from being perfect and perhaps I am not able to explain clearly. Instead of saying what I say is not true you could say you don't understand and you can provide information (with sources or not, if I want to verify I can search, I am not lazy like you) that would confirm or discredit what I wrote. Instead of this you talk shit and say stupidities, it is a lack of time and energy and causes negative emotions that nobody needs. What I was saying is not controversial, you can read and find the same anywhere in any book or website.

So if the only thing you want is sources, I'll post some links eventhough it is useless, you can just sit there and say what they write is not true, that's why I prefer writing my opinion based on my knowledge without citing sources, I didn't look at any websites when writing so why would I post a source. The source comes from my mind, I've read stuff and I remember, is it forbidden ? If someone wants to read a book or website they can do it, but if they want to read my post they can read my post, you can post a link to show that I was wrong. If someone don't agree that's fine, I don't care, say what you think is the truth, but stop harrassing people to tell the truth YOU want to hear.

http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acid_alkaline_food_chart.html

look at the green to yellow chart for instance

http://www.alkaline-alkaline.com/ph_food_chart.html

These are just the first links I got when I google "ph foods", find others if you want to. Like you said the ph numbers differs from one source to the other. You don't understand what I mean when I say 'soft cheese', well do you know what the words 'soft' and 'hard' mean ? whatever, the exact numbers change but grains will always be in the acidic foods. When I said some grains are alkaline I meant are low acidic, less acid than other grains. I guess I said alkaline because I wanted to calm you down, you said "not very no" when I said they are very acidic. Some are acidic, some less, those very acidic probably have been processed. Are you happy now ?

The description you made of positive nitrogen balance confirms what I was saying since the beginning so there's no problem.

By the way in your other post you were insinuating I said one could build muscle if he or she has a negative nitrogen balance. I have never said that and I challenge you to find the word "negative" in that post. You said negative, what I said is perhaps a positive nitrogen balance is not necessary.

Forget about negative or positive nitrogen balance if this prevents you to understand me; what I'm saying is most people that lift weights eat lots of protein to make sure they eat ENOUGH of it but often eat TOO MUCH of it. Enough is enough and too much is too much. Too much is never useful, everything which is 'too much' is useless otherwise it wouldn't be 'too much' it would be enough. Get it ? If you eat too much proteins you probably consume too much acid-forming minerals and the body needs to fix the ph to alkaline by stealing calcium from its own infrastruture. That's my opinion, I might be wrong, but why would you want me to say your opinion, it is you who must say your opinion.

CHEERS ! bitch

You haven't found or said anything yet to disprove or refute what I was saying and I wish you good luck.

Yes I have you just haven't replied properly.

Truth is you just don't understand what I said -- nothing to be ashamed of, I know my English is far from being perfect and perhaps I am not able to explain clearly.

Why would I be ashamed because you write a bunch of bullshit in bad English?

What I was saying is not controversial, you can read and find the same anywhere in any book or website.

As I said there are many systems for measuring a foods acidity and I don't think all of them are very good and since you confused me (it's not kinda cleared up) with the grains I wanted to know which method you trust. Too bad the sites you linked gives no explanation of how their results was measured. And BTW one of the charts actually gives millet (which is a grain) 0,5 on the alkali side. I've seen other charts give it 7,0 on the acidity side...weird stuff this.

The source comes from my mind, I've read stuff and I remember, is it forbidden ?

Of course not forbidden but maybe you want to separate physiological and biochemical terms with strict defenitions and your fantasies, at least when giving advice.

The description you made of positive nitrogen balance confirms what I was saying since the beginning so there's no problem.

No it does not. What I wrote is that one need to be in positive nitrogen balance to have a net gain of muscle, you said the exact oppostie that one didn't need to.

By the way in your other post you were insinuating I said one could build muscle if he or she has a negative nitrogen balance. I have never said that and I challenge you to find the word "negative" in that post. You said negative, what I said is perhaps a positive nitrogen balance is not necessary.

Forget about negative or positive nitrogen balance if this prevents you to understand me; what I'm saying is most people that lift weights eat lots of protein to make sure they eat ENOUGH of it but often eat TOO MUCH of it. Enough is enough and too much is too much. Too much is never useful, everything which is 'too much' is useless otherwise it wouldn't be 'too much' it would be enough. Get it ? If you eat too much proteins you probably consume too much acid-forming minerals and the body needs to fix the ph to alkaline by stealing calcium from its own infrastruture. That's my opinion, I might be wrong, but why would you want me to say your opinion, it is you who must say your opinion.

Okay after this I'm giving up because you do not understand what nitrogen balance is but you think you do so you refuse to learn the actual facts. Nitrogen equilibrium (which you seem to be talking about) is when your intake of nitrogen is just as big as your loss of nitrogen, now do you think this magically happens in life? You can be close to equilibrium but you will be either in negative or positive nitrogen balance in real life. An even if you were in equilibrium you wouldn't be able to gain muscle since you're loosing just as much as you are building.

Regarding your rant about protein, the more amino acids you eat the more muscle you will build. I can agree that there are health concerns with high protein diets but eating "enough" protein when the goal is maximal muscle growth isn't really possible. This is a completely different discussion though.

Whole unprocessed grains on average are only slightly acidic, much more alkaline then animal products and processed foods. Yes you have to have a positive nitrogen balance to build muscle and protein is the only thing that provides nitrogen. Obviously everyone needs a different amount of protein to maintain that positive balance.

So this is to all you bodybuilding folks out there, if you ever feel pains in your joints, kidneys, or groin area, this is not normal. It most likely means you are consuming too much protein; causing health problems. Many bodybuilding/fitness enthusiasts ignore these pains and think they are normal. The pains are not normal, the excess protein is causing it.

sorry, but this is so stupid.

if you ever feel pain in your joints it's probably because your technique sucks and you're fucking up your joints in the gym.

yeah. could be...he should just log everything and thatshould give a clue to what is happening. Could have a digestive prob with the powders. If one is eating too much protein and would suffer the consequenses from that such as kidney or bone loss I dont think pain would be felt immediatly after eating a super high protein meal. Would have to be a habit to cause a problem. I eat too much protein I just get tired and need a nap.

I think it was the low-quality wheat protein that was causing problems.

I have only been taking sprouted rice protein from Source Naturals, organic hemp protein from Nutiva, and pea protein from Olympian Labs, and my stomach problems are no longer here. No more joint pains either, I think it was the workout I have did. Yesterday I took in about 140g of protein and no problems (I weigh 153 Lbs, 7% BF). So I am definately thinking of sending back the wheat protein - I dont know how un-raw and un-organic the stuff is.

I only want to consume raw, organic natural protein powders from now on. No cheap, low quality, health deteriating protein powder.

Sun Warrior organic raw sprouted rice protein is the only stuff what I will be taking, I have not got any yet but I will definately be getting some. I need to get some to make a personal review video on my website (www.vegansizeme.com). I did alot of research on this stuff, and I read alot of reviews, and Sun Warrior's protein powder is a MUST HAVE.

Raw and Organic hemp protein powder will also be a definite source of protein that I will continue consuming. The powder taste amazing and it feels like the powder dissolves in your bloodstream while you taste it. I would love to get coconut oil to add to my hemp protein shakes, and this Hemp Protein powder will go GREAT will rice or almond milk, it would make high-protein hemp milk (10000000)% more nutrition than Cow's UDDER MILK! LOL

I don't know about pea protein because there are no claims that it is raw and organic. They have not mentioned anything about doing speci seperation methods like Sun Warrior does (like first germinating it etc). I have called Olympian Labs and they said their pea protein is from DRY PEAS meaning that it most likely has anti-nutrients and digest-problem causing elements. I also do not know if they use heat or anything. So I dont know if I will send this pea protein I have back or not because I am almost half done the container already. I WILL send the wheat protein back though.

Oh yeah, I have drank ALOT of water like I was advised by Ocupossoir (I think it was him) and it really did help the protein get better absorbed.

peace~

Why not just eat more high-protein foods? That way you'll get plenty of extra calories and nutrients. Surely you, as a raw fooder, don't regard powders higher than real foods? I'm currently eating about 2200 calories a day and getting no less than 150g of protein just from beans, peas, lentils, almonds, veggies and a wee bit of wheat germ and spirulina. Easy, tasty, healthy. Why waste money on protein powders? Sorry if I come across as preachy - I'm just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm sending all of the supplements back for instore credit.

I don't know what raw products I should get from the site.. bodybuilding.com

Btw, aren't proteins turned into glycogen anyways?

I thrive on eating mostly fruits, vegetables, sprouts, and raw seeds/nuts.

I quit consuming soy products, cooked legumes, wheat germ, grains for protein... because the protein from all that is harmful!

I prefer to get my nutrients from eatings lots of raw foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. And yes, they do supply me with enough nutrients... I just feel better.

No more joint pains, no more stomach aches, no more high-protein side-effects...

Fresh fruits and veggies 100%!