What gym do you work out at?

jzt83

It's way worse at my university gym, because a) they don't have to pay a membership, and b) we're talking about mostly 18-22 year-olds.

Haha I'm in that age range...

But one would really think that they'd use it well if they get it for free. THEY would think "Hey, sweaty-guys-watching for free! Yay!"

I work out at a university as well so I can relate to what medman is talking about. I go early in the morning so it's not too bad, but in the afternoon it's ridiculous.

The university gym I used to work out at wasn't so much like that. Sometimes I'd be the only girl in the whole place. I also used to work out in a different floor where the weights were and not upstairs with the cardio ppl. I don't know how is it anymore, I go to GoodLife now.

Edited by Lena01

I just joined a new weightlifting club and the gym is awesome. There are eleiko bars, bumper plates, squat racks, and very little else . Also a very friendly atmosphere, usually a few oldtimers hanging around telling stories about weightlifting back in the day and such . Who would have known that in the beginning of the century there was about hundred weightlifting clubs in Vienna, and most of them would train in pubs? I never would have guessed it.

Oh and it is pretty cheap too, 7eur a month.

Beyond O2 Yoga in Somerville, MA (which is run by people who are pro-vegan, yay!) I'm also involved with Beachbody online as both a coach and a member.

I've never had a gym membership. I own an elliptical, work out to exercise programs on dvd, and go to yoga classes so I can learn the positions correctly and not hurt myself.

The gym on campus is excellent with a running track, weights, group classes and even sports courts. Yes, students don't pay membership, but its good to see the younger demographic get fit. My university is a sporty campus so I'm not surprised people use this facility.

And then there's the varsity teams who get to use another gym for themselves. I have used it as I have class in there. Once I graduate, I probably would use a university gym anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I work out at a weightlifting/powerlifting club now. It's a 5 km ride mostly uphill, but it's so worth it

Here's a few old pics of the place. We also have two platforms, a couple of blocks and a buttload of squat stands.

http://aak-styrke.dk/images/TheClub/TheClub04.JPG

http://aak-styrke.dk/images/TheClub/TheClub03.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

My fav gym? The outdoors. I usually like getting my workouts in during the am. So if I have no am clients..I head outside.

I love the monkey bars.

Usually if I am at work, the campus gym.

I used to work at xsport in Lakeview. When I worked there I would do my strength training in the gym but run outside. It was like a zoo in that gym. You had to fight for equipment.

I'm thinking about joining a gym....I have some good stuff at home (bowflex dumbells, a bench, a bowflex machine and a chin up bar), and I work at a university with a gym that's pretty decent. However, there's a nice new gym in town (Fuel Fitness) that's 24/7, which would open up a lot of time to workout, and there are some serious lifters there which tends to be pretty motivational. So, I'm debating whether or not to join.