Be ready for the shift

New World Vegan

There are a lot of names for the change that's happening. Whatever you want to call it, a change is starting. And if you're not ready, the shift will hit the fan.

Here's how I think we can avoid difficulty, and even benefit from this new era:

- Get out of the program they gave you, and be part of the solution - the evolution.

- Turn off the news, and talk shows (except Ellen) and Align yourself with the real (natural) world

- Sleep as soon after dark as you can.

- Decide to become a joyous person, and spread joy, friendliness, and helpful-ness into the world.

- Ignore the ego; it's not on your side.

- Buy local.

- Eat simple and natural.

We can be the change we're looking for.

The Depression: Getting through it OK

I've worked in the Real Estate field since 2003 and have kept up on the crisis, studied surviving a depression, and know enough to own gold and silver for when the fake paper money collapses.

I want to give this advice to all you healthy/ethical eaters to help you come out of the crisis in good shape and continue setting a good example for veganism.

A lot of people don't realize this crisis was predicted. There were books on the shelves in 2003 warning of a depression.

There's been a 'superficial' economy since gold was removed from backing paper money in 1965. Once the gov was out of this rule for having something of value to stand for paper IOU's, they started over-printing money to compensate for our un-balanced society. They've been covering up the inflation ever since. Now it's finally collapsing.

Gold & Silver: original money...

....and it always becomes more valuable during recessions. They've been the best investment in the last few years. Silver's the best deal right now if you can get it below $15 an ounce ("spot" price). And DO NOT SELL anything silver or gold. Wait till things get REAL bad; when it will be used as currency.

If you have time, you can find silver coins. Get rolls (or boxes) from banks. Here's the criteria of what to look for

US dimes, quarters, halfs and silver-dollars up until 1965. They have an 80% silver content.

- and 1965-69 half which had a 40% silver content.

Real Estate

Don't sell your home near the bottom. Depending on how inflated your area, home values will drop 30-60% over a 2-5 year period.(no joke; this is bigger than the gov or media would ever say).

So if values were at a peak 3 years ago in your area, it's better to sell now then later.

The public's been 'asleep' at the wheel, living larger than natural, while government + Banks used the people for their own benefit. Now, nature is making an adjustment.

What I have a problem with is not the dangers that face us in the future, we have scientific data backing all of them up:

- Climate change. We will most likely reach a 2C temperature raise within his century.

- Species extinction. We're in the 6th large extinction period of species on the planet. This one is faster than any one of the others.

- Peak Oil. It will happen within my lifetime.

The problem I have is that people believe that they know how it'll play out. I believe that any one of the above will have dire consequences but I have no idea what those consequences will be.

This I believe, Homo Sapiens have an insurance system that is imprinted in our heads on a subconscious level. If you fit in a group and are liked by your peers the chances of your survival will go up. A perverted form of this system is in use in our society today too but in the consequences of the current implementation is that it is actually tearing the social structures that it use to build apart.

If we get to some form of "apocalypse" than the the insurance system in it's original form will probably have a bigger influence (it has so in past crises and it has so in current ones). So, I believe that whatever will happen you can prepare by learning to adjust to other peoples needs, practice on listening and caring about people, smile, get a sense of humor and learn to live in the moment and be happy with what you got. There probably will be perks for those who have knowledge of "real world stuff", like growing edible plants, building houses or anything else that used to be important before baristas and finance lawyers. Just by not being "weird" or narcissistic will take you a long way I believe.

"The performance of gold bullion is often compared to stocks. They are fundamentally different asset classes. Gold is regarded by some as a store of value (without growth) whereas stocks are regarded as a return on value (i.e., growth from anticipated real price increase plus dividends). Stocks and bonds perform best in a stable political climate with strong property rights and little turmoil. The attached graph shows the value of Dow Jones Industrial Average divided by the price of an ounce of gold. Since 1800, stocks have consistently gained value in comparison to gold in part because of the stability of the American political system.[28] This appreciation has been cyclical with long periods of stock outperformance followed by long periods of gold outperformance. The Dow Industrials bottomed out a ratio of 1:1 with gold during 1980 (the end of the 1970s bear market) and proceeded to post gains throughout the 1980s and 1990s. The gold price peak of 1980 also coincided with the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan and the threat of the global expansion of communism. The ratio peaked on January 14, 2000 a value of 41.3 and has fallen sharply since."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Longtermdowgoldlogtr1800.png

The article says it all.

• 4 months later...
Have fun destroying the amazon by supporting excess gold mining.

Gold will - without my help - once again become mainstream money when the economy collapses. I just want vegans (the best people - mostly ) to get in early, so as to have more influence in the new world.

Gold's gone up 15% in the last 5 months.