Speechless..

xCx

There's definitely a rash of bosu-related videos going around these days

The clean and press one is just absurd (not to mention, it appears those are the lightweight 15 lb. plates he seems to be using, I'd put it closer to 75 lbs. than the 135 it says, not that it makes it any more or less insane to be doing such a lift). Why, oh why, did any trainer think that was going to be a useful movement?

The squat is slightly less absurd, but doesn't serve any real purpose. Like I've seen mentioned on other borads, bosu balls do break from time to time, and to me, a broken ankle, cranked vertebrae or other stupidly-earned injury just doesn't sound fun.

I'm sure more videos will be surfacing soon enough, since everywhere I go, I'm seeing new ones coming up that showcase the bosu insanity!

well the first guy is asking for it. I have never seen a bosu warrantied over 300 lbs. The second vid is pulled so I cannot comment. I can say it is a bitch to find vegan cross trainers that dont get destroyed on a bosu (soft side up opposite of the way shown in the vid). It bothers me when people take a device, use it for something other then its intent and cause people to devalue it. Why someone would want to squat 225lbs plus bodyweight on a proprioceptive device I'll never know. I could see perhaps 75 or 100 for functiional proprioception but after that the behavior is set the weight is going to be more of a productiion of strength then stability. After having given weights in my example, I should say that my feeling is very very few people in comparison to the general population have an excuse for being over 200lbs, so it would fit the 300lb load limit.