Vegan Drumming

coroho

I don't know any carnivorous animals that are capable of drumming, but I don't see any reason why being a vegan would hold you back. This forum is full of people who are vegans and competing in various athletic activities. Do you feel you're progressing slower than you should be? Just make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals.

Considering we have board members who compete in bodybuilding and strongman competitions, as well as all sorts of other sports, I'd like to think the community has proven that there's nothing you can't excel at as a vegan (except maybe competitive hot dog eating?).

However, this all depends on whether you're eating properly or not. A properly balanced vegan diet is fantastic for your health...an improperly balanced one is not. One big plus is that as a vegan, you should never find yourself low on potassium (which can give you the shakes/affect fine motor control). I'm a musician myself and do a lot of right-hand pyrotechnics fingerpicking on guitar, and veganism has never been an issue. Considering metal drumming is somewhere between guitar playing and an endurance sport, there shouldn't be any unique problems with doing it as a vegan!

• 3 months later...

some of the best metal & hardcore (hardcore, grindcore, crust, d-beat, etc...) bands have vegan drummers, not only drummers....but all members are vegan.

cattle decapitation

7 generations

gather

earth crisis

dystopia

dropdead

protect the innocent

good clean fun

kingdom

sink or swim

vegan reich

tamora

trends xVx

etc...

• 1 month later...
some of the best metal & hardcore (hardcore, grindcore, crust, d-beat, etc...) bands have vegan drummers, not only drummers....but all members are vegan.

cattle decapitation

7 generations

gather

earth crisis

dystopia

dropdead

protect the innocent

good clean fun

kingdom

sink or swim

vegan reich

tamora

trends xVx

etc...

This post, on the most part, is extremely backed.

cattle decapitation

7 generations

gather

earth crisis

dystopia

dropdead

protect the innocent

good clean fun

kingdom

sink or swim

vegan reich

tamora

trends xVx

etc...

No Propaghandi?

cattle decapitation

7 generations

gather

earth crisis

dystopia

dropdead

protect the innocent

good clean fun

kingdom

sink or swim

vegan reich

tamora

trends xVx

etc...

No Propaghandi?

sorry, i was going off the top of my head and leaning more towards straight hardcore bands, prop is amazing though....the only good fascist is a dead fascist.

also...

MDC

oi polloi

conflict

DEAD PREZ

liberate

xtruenaturex

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegans#Musicians

sorry, i was going off the top of my head and leaning more towards straight hardcore bands, prop is amazing though....the only good fascist is a dead fascist.

"Animal Friendly, Anti-Fascist, Gay Positive, Pro Feminist...

...Exactly the kind of values I dont want to be teaching my child."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey man, I am a vegan drummer and have been vegan for 18 years now. I tour a lot and I work out too, both on tour and while I am back at home, as well as practice for 1-3 hours per day. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with here or via facebook or email. [email protected] or www.facebook.com/jonsiren I am a work in progress but may be able to swap info. Good luck! This website is great for inspiration and information, so being on here is definitely helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm not a vegan drummer but i'm a vegan guitar player. To add to the list I believe Arch Enemy are either vegan or vegetarian now not sure. Carcass I had heard was one or the other which would make sense being that they share members, and the band Heaven Shall Burn I had also heard was vegan. Not 100 percent sure on these and obviously not hardcore but hey vegan is vegan right?

• 2 weeks later...

cattle decapitation

7 generations

gather

earth crisis

dystopia

dropdead

protect the innocent

good clean fun

kingdom

sink or swim

vegan reich

tamora