My P90X Before & After Photos

I began eating vegan about a month or so before beginning the program. It definitely changed my life and the greatly added to the drive I have to pursue even more ambitious goals of mine. My starting weight was 155 and end weight was 145. I'm about to begin the program yet again, as soon as I recover from a recent illness, and am expecting even greater results. I only had access to 25 and 35lb dumbells but I have an entire weight training setup now and hopefully wont be as 'boney' this time around. Anyway, here's my results!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3913/p90xresize.jpg

This is so inspirational to see. A couple questions. I felt like looking into P90X because I like to know exactly what to do. Did you find that's one of the things that really helps this program "work"? Also - with the vegan diet - did you just modify what the P90X diet suggestions were to vegan or did you just go off on whatever your vegan diet was?

I don't think you look 'boney' at all either. I think you got rid of some obvious fat and now it's just a matter of bulking up. Really - you look great.

mikkah1987: That's great and I hope you are enjoying the program. I'm not sure what the difference in the protein requirements for women and men are but for me I was getting around 15-35 grams of protein per-meal. No scientific calculations here.. Just tasty & healthy foods! This page here should give you a good idea of what your protein requirements are based on your activity level. Gardein makes great vegan meat substition products that are amazing. This made managing fats & carbs and getting enough protein much easier. You can check their website and find a store near you. They have a very nice customer support team so if you cannot find them in a store near you then don't be afraid to ask them to start stocking there. There website said that the Kroger's near my home stocked their products but this wasn't the case when I contacted all the Kroger's nearby. After letting Gardein know about the issue they had it being stocked at all of the Kroger's within 3 weeks.

davidmNY: I'm the same way.. I like to know exactly what I am, have done, and will be doing before even beginning a new exercise routine. This program is easy to understand because it's written out completely for you and the program provides to tools necessary to make tracking your progress very easy. Here you can find the P90X Excel Worksheet. Alternatively, you can print them from a pdf file that you can get from here. As for the diet, I just stuck to vegan foods that I know and love. The main thing I focused on was eating my most energy rich meals during the times of the day that I require the most energy. This is usually breakfast, lunch (2-2.5 hours before training) and my recovery drink. The recovery drink was made of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries), oats, and protein powder. My protein powder was a 70% and 30% mixture of Gemma and Rice Concentrate flavored with premium french vanilla from TrueProtein.com.

I hope I answered both of your questions with the detail you were hoping for. If you have any others please feel free to ask because I'd love to help anyone looking for help. Thank you all so much for your compliments and wish you the best with your health and fitness goals!

Awesome results!

I'm giving this program a try. In my 3rd week and loving it. Glad to see other VBBF members doing it!

That's great & good luck! I highly recommend keeping a photo log to review from time to time. It's a great way to stay motivated. Post yours on the forums when you get done if you do keep a log.

That's great & good luck! I highly recommend keeping a photo log to review from time to time. It's a great way to stay motivated. Post yours on the forums when you get done if you do keep a log.

Thanks! I already have my "before" photos up on an old thread here showing my previous progress, but will probably make a new one for my P90X results. Today is Day 30, so I'll probably take photos and post my first progress update. My strength, flexibility, and endurance are definitely way higher than when I started, and I've definitely built some mass already. Looking forward to Day 90!

davidmNY: I'm the same way.. I like to know exactly what I am, have done, and will be doing before even beginning a new exercise routine. This program is easy to understand because it's written out completely for you and the program provides to tools necessary to make tracking your progress very easy. Here you can find the P90X Excel Worksheet. Alternatively, you can print them from a pdf file that you can get from here. As for the diet, I just stuck to vegan foods that I know and love. The main thing I focused on was eating my most energy rich meals during the times of the day that I require the most energy. This is usually breakfast, lunch (2-2.5 hours before training) and my recovery drink. The recovery drink was made of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries), oats, and protein powder. My protein powder was a 70% and 30% mixture of Gemma and Rice Concentrate flavored with premium french vanilla from TrueProtein.com.

I hope I answered both of your questions with the detail you were hoping for. If you have any others please feel free to ask because I'd love to help anyone looking for help. Thank you all so much for your compliments and wish you the best with your health and fitness goals!

Thanks! You answered my questions perfect. The program has been ordered. Should arrive any day. Pink [the artist] just recently mentioned on Oprah using P90X to stay fit. Thought that was cool. Keep posting your progress... it definitely inspires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody still doing P90X here? Me and my gf are gonna start up tomorrow, but we have to buy some weights. Am I correct in thinking you need two sets of weights, a light and a heavy? What would be 'light' and 'heavy' for a bigger guy and a small girl? I was thinking 20/40lbs for me and 5/15lbs for her (she is pretty small). Thoughts?

I've been doing it and am on day 84. I ended up buying one of the adjustable weight set (Powerblock), which allows for weights between 5-50 lbs. At my starting fitness level 20/40 probably would have worked, though. 20 might have been a little heavy for me for some of the tricep exercises and a little light for curls, etc., but you could always just do more or less reps if needed. I know weights are expensive, so I'd just try to get by with whatever you can afford. Other than weights, just about the only thing you should need is a pull-up bar.

I'm happy with the results I got, but unfortunately didn't bother with any picture taking. I'd recommend doing so, and make sure to fill out the worksheets to keep track of your progress. That was really helpful so I'd know when it was time to start pushing myself harder.