"Internet forums are driving me freaking crazy!"

sosso

From here. So true.

I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD IT with trying to find answers to questions I have in internet forums. Something about internet forums turns people into didactic idiots who are dying to share what they know--completely independent of your question.

Here's an example: Let's say I wanted to buy good tomatoes in Chicago. That's it. Here are the responses I would get:

Q: Does anyone know where I can buy good tomatoes in Chicago?

1. Forget about tomatoes, you need to buy zucchinis. Try Chicago's Zucchini Emporium.

2. I know this place in Chicago that used to sell awesome tomatoes, but they closed five years ago.

3. Tomatoes in Chicago suck. Philly has the best tomatoes.

4. RE: "Philly has the best tomatoes" No way dude, New York tomatoes are best.

5. Why would you want to buy tomatoes? Tomatoes are for [insert racial/cultural epithet here].

6. I know three places in Chicago that sell terrible tomatoes.

7. If you're going to Chicago you should check out this jazz bar at _____.

8. OMG I'm looking for Chicago tomatoes too, please e-mail me if you find a place.

9. I didn't know you could buy tomatillos in Chicago.

10. This might be off-topic, but does anyone know where I can buy chinchillas in Toledo?

I know those answers might not seem accurate to you; that's because I took pains to spell everything correctly.

As forums lose popularity, social media websites like Facebook and blogs gain popularity because everyone then becomes "their own admin" and has much more control.

I see a lot of trends going on. Not sure what the future of forums is, it's hard to say. But glad to have met a lot of cool people here for sure!

In the recent thread about amino acids here on the forum this is really put into practice.

for what its worth that guy has terrible punctuation, spelling, and grammar, so maybe thats why hes not taken seriously? there is a lot of different information out there...you could be fruitarian, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, hundreds of grams of protein a day.

and as for tomatoes, theyre either great for you or theyre poisonous

in a lot of opinions or statements there are half-truths. almost everything has pros and cons. its yin and yang man. thats just life.

people just need to learn to relax and think for themselves.

In the recent thread about amino acids here on the forum this is really put into practice.

for what its worth that guy has terrible punctuation, spelling, and grammar, so maybe thats why hes not taken seriously? there is a lot of different information out there...you could be fruitarian, or on the opposite end of the spectrum, hundreds of grams of protein a day.

in a lot of opinions or statements there are half-truths. almost everything has pros and cons. its yin and yang man. thats just life.

Who wood have thunk?

Who wood have thunk?

you know what i mean though right?