Knee sleeves

xCx

After reading a bit and looking around for a pair of knee sleeves I bought these in a size XL at Vegansportshop. I'm not really looking for sleeves that'll add kgs to my squat, but rather sleeves that'll keep my knees warm and cosy as my gym is freezing cold in the winter time. I probably should have bought a pair or 7mm Rehbands or Tommy Kono sleeves, but they're a bit out of my price range atm.

Anyways, the thing is, I just got my sleeves today and they're quite thight and slitely uncomfortable to wear. Do I just need to break em' in or should I aim for a bigger size?

i bought the rehbands weeks ago and they're great.

they used to be tighter in the beginning but began to feel more comfortable the more often i wore them. of course they're still tight but i got used to it.

but i think yours are a bit tighter than the rehband ones anyway. i guess they're kind of a middle thing between knee wraps and sleeves and so that's the way they are supposed to feel.

i think as long you're able to walk properly with them there's no reason to go for larger ones.

i bought the rehbands weeks ago and they're great.

they used to be tighter in the beginning but began to feel more comfortable the more often i wore them. of course they're still tight but i got used to it.

but i think yours are a bit tighter than the rehband ones anyway. i guess they're kind of a middle thing between knee wraps and sleeves and so that's the way they are supposed to feel.

i think as long you're able to walk properly with them there's no reason to go for larger ones.

Did you buy the old 7mm or the new grey 3mm Rehbands?

Walking with the sleeves ain't a prob, but it feels weird with the added resistance to the knee joint, haha. I'll give the sleeves a go and see if they'll loosen a bit

Yep, Rehbands should feel fairly tight at the start, but they will stretch slightly over time. It used to be a battle for me to put mine on, but after a few dozen squat sessions, they now slide on much more easily and don't feel like they're pinching my legs like they did at first. You definitely want them to be tighter than looser for when you first get them!

i'm actually not sure but i guess mine are the new ones. what's the difference? beside from the obvious 4mm difference of course. are the old ones better cause they're thicker and therefore more supportive?

i'm actually not sure but i guess mine are the new ones. what's the difference? beside from the obvious 4mm difference of course. are the old ones better cause they're thicker and therefore more supportive?

There's probably not a huge difference. I've just read that the new Rehbands aren't as durable as the old ones due to the decreased thickness.

I was thinking of getting some of these too. Not sure if I'd need L or XL.

Go to http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=RH-KS and you can find the way to measure for best size. And, if you want the thicker ones, they still stock the 7mm variety, which are what I have and prefer over the thinner ones.

Awesome, thanks for that

Measured 42 cm around my knee, so that's between XL and XXL. I guess I'll go for XL if they're going to stretch a bit.