Jason is back in fucking business.

Just did 2 sets of 5 on deads for chewy and mary. One set at 245 and one set at 250.

Will update the rest after my shower.

Ok, squat 1x10 @ 135 deep and slow. 235 x 5,4,5.

Aforementioned deadlifts.

Circuit of barbell row, hang clean, front squat, push press repeatx4 for 4 sets. = hard! @ 115

Lat pulldowns @ 120 superset with shrugs @ 75's 3x10 (tryin' to get my yoke on)

50 lb preacher curls SS 1w/42.5 lb tri pulldowns 5x10

Lots of pullups of varying grips.

Is that it? Those little circuits really took it outta me...deads felt good, though, surprisingly.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I did a bit...I feel like camp really wrecked me, but I'm also not eating as much as I was before hand. I kinda like the extra definition, especially while I'm trying to court a lady...

but, I'm getting back. still 195.5 (which I'm super ok with. I'll make another real push after rugby season to add more weight. 195 is still pretty respectable, as far as I'm concerned)

Anyhow, since more isolation stuff seems to be working quite well for me lately, I'll stick with it for some lifts.

Started with 40# dumbells on the overhead press. sets of 10, 9 and 9. supersetted with 20# shoulder raises x 10 (5front, 5 sides)

Supersetted 60# dumbells for shoulder rolls (shrugs) and 120# lat pulldowns 3x10

squats. 135# 1x10 deep and slow, 225 for 5, 230 for 5, 235 for 5, 240 for 3. 135 x 10 low with wide feet.

deadlifts (didn't go as well) 255 1x3. had more, but stupid hands couldn't hold on. (I am thinking the pullups I do at home are harder on me than I think. I use my door frame, so I can only grip up to my 2nd knuckle. makes the forearms sore pretty quick.)

couple sets of pullups.

bench 135# sets of 10, 6, 6, 5.

that's it.

i disappeared again...

didnt' do much aside from BBG last week, and then canoed 50-some odd miles in 2 days over the weekend... 39 miles the first day, and about 15 the next. we were mentally shot by the giant lake that lives in the middle of the mississippi.

motorboats are for assholes. end of story. good adventure though.

• 2 weeks later...

YAY! back to the gym, and into it, although it hurt...

swollertrophy sequence for maximum jackage.

squats. 135 1x10. 185 5x10 ( i think. I lost count so I err'ed on the side of caution, so it could have been 6 sets. either way, it was hard)

deadlifts. 205 5x10. ick. that was tough beans!

Supersetted lat pulldowns and shrugs. 120lb pulldowns and 75lb dumbell shrugs 3x10. 90lb pulldowns and 60lb dumbell shrugs 2x10.

damn that wiped me. I went to bound up the stairs, as always, and made it about 3 steps before I had to slow to an old man hobble.

it was kinda awesome.

Yesterday I gym'ed again!!! YES!

Bench w/ a pair of 25's on the bar. 6 sets of ten. (too light) then pair of 45's for sets of 7 and 4.

Pulldowns with a different handle. more back, less lats. 125lbs. 6 x 10.

incline bench with 25's. 5x10, 1x9

Barbell rows with 25's. 6x10

barbell shrugs. 135lbs 6x10.

Felt good, but should've used more weight. next time. 196.5lbs bodyweight. getting back up there.

Hey y'all! Thanks!

Wednesday I went to Snap fitness before practice with my friend Ben. No power rack!??! So, I did some

tri pulldowns (3x10, 1x9 @ 65 lbs)

some pullups

some shrugs. 90 lb dumbells 3x10. 225 in a smith machine (ick) 5x10

2x5 hang clean/front squat/push press (my new favorite mini-complex) @ a bar and 2 45's. Was a short bar, not oly. I dunno how much it weighed...

TODAY!

I had a pretty dang ok day. bodyweight back up to an even 200.

Squats. 135 2x10. 225x10, 245x5. 255x3. 265x1 (pr tie), 275x1 (new PR!!!)

deadlifts. 225x10. 250x5. 275x1 (pr tie). 285x1 (new PR!!!)

4x5 pullups.

shrugs. 225x10. 250x10, 315x6+, x7+, x7+ (+ meaning limited range of motion, but kept it moving for a few more reps)

barbell rows. 135 1x10, 7, 5, 4

Bench. 135x10. 145x3. My bench sucks. it KINDA pisses me off, but i don't give a shit about beach muscles, or impressticles, or anything like that. (or, at least not enough to try hard...) I think it's gotta be a form issue. I hate to think I'm that weak. prefer to think i'm doing something wrong.

Just left the gym. At the practice pitch now for rugby. Will be showing team how to work barbell complexes. Anyhow, went to the gym with a friend, which was nice.

We superset squats and dead. 10 sets, shooting for doubles of each. We both had to switch to singles after 5 sets.

Sqauat @ 245 for me. 5 sets of 2, 4 sets of 1, then failed it twice. Closed with a set of 4 reps with his 225.

Deads we both used 255. 5x2, 5x1. Not as tough, but my back is sore. Could be from yesterday, though.

As I said, those were supersetted with ~1min of rest between sets.

Then we played a game of uncle. 1 rep was a power clean/front squat/push press @135#. We went for 8 reps, but then I got bored and wanted to add weight, but he didn't, so we stopped. :/

Then I did a few sets of shrugs at 315 for 5-10 reps.

Now I'm about to do some barbell complexes.

Still at 200 lbs even today.

best part: my friend (who's a bit on the crazy-lifter side of things) heard what I'm up to and thinks i'm insane. it was awesome. also, when testing how far into a split position i could get (pretty damn low for a regular joe male) i went to push myself back up and discloated the finger i sprained the other day. It totally was kinked. I showed him and said "does that look broken?" Then i put it back where it needed to be and kept doing what I was doing. it was SUPER hilarious. I'm still amused by it.

Today was another amazing day.

First I went to the park to lift with 2.5 teammates.

We played uncle for a bit, easily cleaning and pressing 95 for about 7 or 8 reps.

then two of us went to 135 for 4 or so reps, then he called me out and demanded we put 185 on the bar (a pair of 25's). I made him go first, because I've never attempted more than 150 (which i made).

Anyhow, he tried twice and failed to clean it. I was nervous as hell, but I got tough and did it. a pair of singles with a few minutes between. I couldn't get it locked out overhead though. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Then I did 1x15, 13, 10, 9 barbell rows at 135.

then i did 135lb behind the neck push presses for 3 sets of 5 singles.

Then I went to the gym to really work out.

Bench (bear with me) @135lbs 3x6. all close grip. @145 1x4, and then 7 sets of triples (3).

Then I did some squats. 225 2x5, then 1x3 because i went SUPER low and the weight went a little forward because I wasn't looking up), then another 2x5 (all as low as my flexibility allowed)

then I did squat lockouts (pins set 3 below where i normally rack it. probably 8" of travel? I dunno)

315 1x10

405 1x5, 1x5, 1x5, 1x10 as singles with under a second rest

495 x 3 singles.

THEN, I shrugged again. 315 for 4 sets of 10 plus, with a static hold to end the exercise.

Then I curled 80lbs for 2 sets of 9, 1 set of 6 and one set of 8.

Then I went home.

Edited by Jason X

Showed up at practice early today with my barbell.

Did 3x10+ reps at 135 barbell rows.

1x10 back squats deep with 135

1x10 front squats deep with 135

A bunch of cleans @ 135

A set of 3 behind the neck push presses at 135

I cleaned 185 once and failed it twice, which means I didn't get the 200 lbs I wanted.

Then we practiced and I got kneed in the forehead hard enough to shake me. Hurt really bad. Still does. Huge bump, and was super dazed the rest of practice. Got naseaus after practice and called mom on way home to make sure I stayed awake. Lol. Called the nurse line and asked about concussion symptoms and just about freaked out because I didn't want to be on the phone anymore. It was wierd. But, my mom just called me so I woke up (a few hours later) and I'm coherent and hurt a bit less, so we'll assume I'm fine.

Today was interesting. And I got to learn #8 a bit today. I'm excited!