Jason is back in fucking business.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update today (yesterday? saturday.) rugby tournament day one did not go so well for the team, or for me. We lost all 3 games again today. I played about 5 minutes into the second half (and the first half) of the first game and literally 2 minutes of the second game. Not at all in the 3rd. I can't run. Makes me pretty useless (especially when I get put in at Fullback. I don't like that position much!!)

Most of our team got sick last weekend in St Louis. I didn't get sick, but I'm a walking wounded, along with the captain (who has a fractured rib).

I have another game at 9am (which means I should be sleeping).

Anyhow, quad stuff. I showed up with my right quad tapes pretty tight. that felt ok for a bit, but then my left quad starting fucking with me (we think it's just REALLY tight, not pulled). I put a lot of biofreeze on it and then our massage student teammate really laid into it. I just about passed out from pain. ugh. I hate massages.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that i can tape it well enough to play on it tomorrow. We need guys. As it is we had tons of people whoring on. (the last game, only our halfbacks were actually teammates. We had tons of support. Two guys came and played for us from the other team!! and some 16 year old high school kid came and ROCKED it at fullback. Kids have no fear. I am very jealous.)

Well, same old same old. quad still bugging me, but it's getting better. Just hoping it's better by this saturdays game. I am just a bucket of minor injuries, it seems. It sucks. First my groin, then my quads, now my left foot has something wrong with it. it's workable, but it doesn't feel good! shitty me! I'm just taking it easy for the next few days and trying to get back up to 100%. I am happy with my speed when it's there, and the power is coming around, I'm just not as mobile as I could be.

The game on sunday didn't happen. I was set to play, but th eother team didn't show (forfeit), so we played a 10's scrimmage game against a composite team and got killed since we didn't really have our heads in it. That's ok with me, but it was a terrible showing and the coach came down on us hard last night. I got yelled at a couple times. twice, I think. I dunno.

Time to go to work.

Well. I stared today. Played for 10 minutes before coach pulled me. Then I got a stern talking to about letting her know BEFORE the game if I can't run. I didn't know. I'd been resting it, but I wanted to try. At least she still has enough faith in me to start. That's nice.

Anyhow, it's already being iced. (quad again...I called my masseuse and I'm hoping he can fix me). I'm about to go lay down and watch movies and be depressed.

At any rate, I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. Even if it's just upper body. I'm sick of not lifting. I'll try legs, but we'll see how it goes.

I dropped down to 185 lbs as of yesterday (which is much leaner than my 192 was, so that rules). I'd like to add another few muscle pounds (without adding the fat pounds. we'll see how it goes). Time to get bigger and stronger. I'm looking a lot like a soccer player these days, not a rugby player.

The saga continues. I'm currently sitting in the hospital waiting for an x-ray. I thought, and the doctor also thinks I have a stress fracture in my left foot. Super awesome!!! And my former coach/masseuse said he thinks I tore my quad.

I asked the doc about that, too. We'll see what happens.

Not so psyched on life right now.

Aw man. I'm sorry. I know how bad a broken or injured foot sucks. I am so sorry.

Think of it this way though... now is an opportunity to switch up your training. Maybe focus on upper body power. No more running around... that means it's time to lay on some serious size where it counts. You can work this Jason.

Hope this post isn't too annoying. But I do have a feeling that you're one of those kind of guys that turns adversity into opportunity.

Hoping you don't have a stress fracture....had one twice in my right foot. Needles to say it sucked bad.....twice.

If you do, try not to let it get you down. Just listen to the docs about resting it! I didn't and it broke again......not fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to deal with that. Take care.

Well, thank you all SO much for kind words. Turns out its not broken (big plus) and I need to rest it. I'm giving myself until the 7th until I do anything on lower body. Just ice and rest.

Viva, you're right. Upper body it is. It'll all be ok.

I need the rest anyow. Come back stronger later.

Big update! I was able to run at practice last night! I'm not 100%, but I'm good enough to play. My quad feels great. My foot still hurts, but it's workable. I'll be back to full duty soon, I hope. I'm excited and hopeful. I'll be back commenting on other peoples logs soon too. My semester is almost over!!! Yay free time!

I'm really glad you're doing better! But be VERY careful about returning to rugby with a sore foot...the last thing you want to do is come back too soon and re-injure yourself. I'd say it's better to take an extra few days off than to risk re-injuring yourself and causing multiple weeks more of frustration.

played 3 games of rugby on saturday. felt ok.

today at practice I twisted funny and now my foot is killing me again.

good times.

a few days and I think I'l be better.

Debating whether or not to get x-rayed again...

Lot's happened since the last post. got that 2nd xray. the doc said there was nothing wrong still, as far as bones go. then on friday she called and left a message on my phone saying that radiology suspected a fracture. You know, because i wasn't telling them that the whole time...

so they referred me to pediatry. I went there today. they said it was quite obviously fractured, and the good news is that it's been healing for a month already! So, now i only have to spend 2 weeks in the aircast, then another two weeks doing nothing. Which means I'll miss my next game, but then I'll be ready to go on the 15th. Which RULES, because the Bingham cup (easily most important tournament in our teams history) starts the 19th.

holy shit. I can't fuck this up! But, I started doing some light upper body workouts (which feel dumb. no standing lifts, not much in the way of compound lifts...but i'm back down to 185. Kinda lost most, if not just about all of my fat, though. i think i kept size and lowered bf% (which rules. now to just add another 15 of muscle. then i'll be golden).

so that's whats new with me.

and i decided i'm going to get a personal training certificate. Anyone have any opinions on which one?