I read it on the internet so it must be true!

medman

HI GUYS!

I have learned some things on the internet and felt you all needed to know.

1) Grapefruit, okra, and soy cause cancer. This guy in Minnesota ate them and then died. Of cancer.

2) Cinnamon and sprouted mung beans cure cancer. A chick in Korea (note: not Chick Corea) ate them and then her cancer WENT AWAY!

3) This anthropologist said my evolutionary ancestors didn't eat cooked beans, so beans are bad for us and are not a natural food for humans to eat. I skipped over the part where they also ate meat at every available opportunity because that doesn't jive with the whole "arbitrarily-veganized caveman diet" idea.

4) We need live enzymes in the food we eat. Because even though enzymes are proteins which are immediately destroyed after swallowing by pepsin and low pH in the stomach, the fact that they are called "enzymes", and the things my body uses are also called "enzymes", must mean that the ones in plants that I eat are functional in my body, and are therefore totally necessary for optimum health.

I have also learned the following from personal experience and thus have proven them conclusively.

5) You don't need vitamin B12. I haven't taken it in 6 months and am not blind. PROOF.

6) Oil of oregano gives you endless energy and increases pheromones, attracting women to you. Before I started taking it, I felt kinda tired sometimes and was lonely. But then I started taking it and 3 weeks later I was less tired and a girl asked me out. Maybe it could have to do with other things, but I think this is really the key here.

7) Vegans are smarter than people who eat meat. I totally scored higher on my final in December than my friend who eats meat like TWICE A DAY.

8 ) Sarcasm well and truly does cure what ails you.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to force a new diet on you guys i was just bringing some things to light so they could be discussed.I follow Mac Danzig's diet anyway.

Their maniacally fucking with me.e-warrior?I knocked a dude out last night that was going to stab someone.Everyone there was too scared to stop him so i grabbed him, took him down and dropped right hands into his head before i noticed he was totally unconscious, blood everywhere.I took his knife and threw in down a drain.He woke up and stumbled off.Everyone 1 there was my friend from then on.What do i get here?Nothing but disrespect.

You 3 assholes would get crushed by me in real life.It would be up to me whether you'd live or die.e-fags.

Translation:

" I feel humiliated by having my ignorant views mocked. Since I can't think of anything witty to say to put them into their place and I still feel humiliated I will threaten them while dissing homosexuals"

Dude, few things are more impotent than physically threatening people whose names you do not even know who probably live at least hundreds of miles away and who you will never meet.

To be fair to you, it is angering to have people mock you. It isn't your fault you are gullible. How to distinguish between good and bad information......or even how to think critically is not taught ( nor encouraged) in schools. It doesn't mean you are dumb, just ignorant.

If you can put your hurt feeling aside, medman usually explains why he does not accept an "internet belief". You can learn by paying attention to his reasoning. You might also try reading up on skepticism and how to think.

I will point out that this was not a thread directed personally at Lloyd. Anyone here who knows me knows that my history of frustration with supporters of pseudoscience goes way, way back. This thread was a compilation of the most common types of statements I have been frustrated with.

Yes, but you are still an "asshole e-fag" whom LloydMetcalfe will fly in from Australia to "crush". I think a round trip plane ticket from Australia is about two thousand dollars. Crushing you shouldn't require the expense of a hotel room for an overnight stay. I do imagine he would have to rent a car for the day, unless you would be willing to meet him at the airport.

Yes, but you are still an "asshole e-fag" whom LloydMetcalfe will fly in from Australia to "crush". I think a round trip plane ticket from Australia is about two thousand dollars. Crushing you shouldn't require the expense of a hotel room for an overnight stay. I do imagine he would have to rent a car for the day, unless you would be willing to meet him at the airport.

What about in the schoolyard at 3:30pm?

As for the the types of e-people I have e-sex with, it's none of anyone's business. Besides, we prefer the term e-homosexual.

The gay people I have met have told me that they felt the term "homosexual" sounded too cold and clinical.

Personally, I think you should fly to Australia so that Lloyd can "crush" you. You can get there a few days earlier so you can do some touring. Australia also has national health care, so the cost for your trip will likely be cheaper than your medical bill from being "crushed".

I vote we all chip in and donate for a ticket for both of them.

Wait, how has this thread taken this turn? I thought I pointed out that this wasn't personal...then again I am chock full of roid rage and am in the mood for a crushing

I was hoping you would pick up on the sutle humor of if they both fly they'll both be in the others places, with out running into each other. I'm afraid I made that too simple. Sorry

Edited by Vegan Joe

I vote we all chip in and donate for a ticket for both of them.

Wait, how has this thread taken this turn? I thought I pointed out that this wasn't personal...then again I am chock full of roid rage and am in the mood for a crushing

First thing I looked at after getting up this morning, I don't think I'll see anything that beats the awesomeness of this all day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the entertainment, guys

And, Lloyd, you've got to let things roll off of you more easily. It isn't worth the time of making e-threats because you get called out on being susceptible to bad information. Everyone here is right - you need to pick and choose your info more carefully, because we're not buying the "facts" from your message board gurus who claim things such as that drinking your own urine will cure everything from ringworm to HIV (yes, I did follow some links and there was a discussion on this from one of the sources whose "wisdom" you credited as being true). A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing - once you come to that conclusion and that simply because someone advocates a vegan (or semi-vegan) diet and also is a figure in MMA doesn't mean they know what the hell they're talking about. Being able to knock someone out with one punch doesn't say anything about their credibility for having reliable information relating to anything health-wise, so ease up when people don't agree with you, and try to be a bit more discriminating in what you take as fact. That's all I'm sayin'.

*NOTE* - I plan to start drinking my urine daily as of now, and I'll take a leak on any appendage that's suffering from any ailment. Apparently, there's a conspiracy between the government and Big Healthcare that prevents us from knowing that your own urine will cure anything and everything, because if this was common knowledge, all physicians would be out of business and the insurance industry would collapse. I guess I did learn something useful from following some of the links that have been posted here lately

First thing I looked at after getting up this morning, I don't think I'll see anything that beats the awesomeness of this all day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the entertainment, guys

I was hoping a few people might get a kick out of this thread. I also wasn't expecting such a violent reaction.

Let me know how the urine-drinking goes. Prior to this, the only medicinal uses for it I knew of were on jellyfish stings and the old WWI hold-a-urine-soaked-cloth-to-your-face way to survive a chlorine gas attack (which was discovered by Canadians, by the way).

Beforewisdom . . . to explain my post .. . the reference was to Metcalf's ( I do understand this mis-spelling) profile professing to be a student of Shaolin wisdom . . . thus the inversion of the letters (again, I did understand this mis-spelling) to point out the complete opposition of actual Shaolin philosophy. No disrespect meant to anyone . . . drinks at the usual e-fag place on the pyke? (pink ladies, of course)

Beforewisdom . . . to explain my post .. . the reference was to Metcalf's ( I do understand this mis-spelling) profile professing to be a student of Shaolin wisdom . . . thus the inversion of the letters (again, I did understand this mis-spelling) to point out the complete opposition of actual Shaolin philosophy. No disrespect meant to anyone . . . drinks at the usual e-fag place on the pyke? (pink ladies, of course)

You just can't admit that you are not only an e-fag, but that you can't spell either