I'm back! (reintroducing myself, in case you guys missed me)

apple

Hey everybody! I hope you are all doing fantastic!

As you may remember, I was doing the P90X and marathon training last summer/fall. I had to quit half way through because I got an attack of the Crohn's and was just fatigued ALL the time, to mention the least of my illness troubles. I still haven't gotten over it so I'm not exercising at all right now and it's pretty depressing! All that hard work has already melted back into my former couch potato body.

So now that I'm here and already typing, I have to ask: does anyone know of a workout that really isn't all that stressful? I've starting taking walks about twice a week and even that is tiring, but I feel a little better about myself afterward! When I really don't do anything but sit around all day (and tell myself that I'm "resting" and "healing"), my thighs hurt like a bitch at the end of the day, so I want to do something as an extremely light workout every day. My first impulse is just a good daily stretch, and if that's all we can come up with, I'm okay with it for now.

Thanks!

Welcome back!

Glad to know you're out and walking and that it is having beneficial effects. I don't know what types of things to suggest, but whatever you're able to do that keeps the body moving and makes you feel good would be things I'd suggest.

All the best. Great to see you on here again.

I'm on the same wavelength as lobsteriffic....water aerobics or something similar shouldnt be as hard on the body and you'd have virtually no impact. Maybe you could check with your physician and see if something like this would benefit you. Good luck with your recovery.

Thanks! I now remember that I do have an old yoga dvd that I never did anymore because it was too easy. Maybe now it will be just right. I feel kind of lame for getting so far with P90X and now I can hardly do anything at all!

• 2 weeks later...