Recent blood test

some things are ok, some not so much.

my b12 is decent - 310, up from 209 two years ago, but still down from 473 three years ago. i started taking a b complex so i'm sure that's one reason it's up.

vitamin d is 41 which should be between 75-250. i'm starting with 2000 iu so hopefully i can get that up. i've read some interesting things about vitamin d i didn't know before and it's frightening to be deficient.

my cholesterol shocked me. 5.13 - 4.26 two years ago, and 3.81 three years ago - not going well eh? heh

what made me laugh is when she said "your urine is a little acidic - you're eating too much meat" - fail

That's a faily high TC, did you check your triglycerides also? If they were high I would cut refined carbs. I have a lot of vegan friends who are very suprised when they get their cholesterol levels checked because they've always heard a vegan diet is "free from cholesterol" and very good for blood lipids. But they live on cupcakes, cookies and various soy meats. Cutting refined carbs has always worked for my friends TG levels and often it lowers their LDL too.

Do you know your HDL-LDL ratio or Apo quota?

That's a faily high TC, did you check your triglycerides also? If they were high I would cut refined carbs. I have a lot of vegan friends who are very suprised when they get their cholesterol levels checked because they've always heard a vegan diet is "free from cholesterol" and very good for blood lipids. But they live on cupcakes, cookies and various soy meats. Cutting refined carbs has always worked for my friends TG levels and often it lowers their LDL too.

Do you know your HDL-LDL ratio or Apo quota?

triglycerides were 1.77 - not good either

hdl is 0.94

ldl 3.39

radio 5.5

what's apo?

i think it was dr oz that said even if you're not eating cholesterol you can still get high cholesterol when you're carrying extra body fat - while it did shock me a little, i wasn't too surprised really i don't eat too much of the fake meats, but i will confess to bread overload lol i'm polish what can i say hehe

exercise would help tons, but honestly, i'm been slacking lol

Man those numbers are fucked, sorry but that's just the truth.7

Apo quota is just a "new" measurement that's used over here.

Dietary cholesterol does not normally effect your cholesterol levels since the body has a negative feedback system, some diabetics are exceptions.

Your HDL is really low but you should seriously watch you TG and LDL levels. Start excersising, eat a lot of soluble fiber and seriously limit your intake of refined foods.

Man those numbers are fucked, sorry but that's just the truth.7

Apo quota is just a "new" measurement that's used over here.

Dietary cholesterol does not normally effect your cholesterol levels since the body has a negative feedback system, some diabetics are exceptions.

Your HDL is really low but you should seriously watch you TG and LDL levels. Start excersising, eat a lot of soluble fiber and seriously limit your intake of refined foods.

exercise? pft screw that - what else you got? lol i do a little but i must admit, not the same as i used to. i guess not having a stroke is good motivation to do a little more though

on another note. i searched up acidic foods because of my urine acidity. damn - i'm shocked.

lentils, blueberries, prunes, quinoa, rice, almond milk, cashews, walnuts, tea, cocoa, etc... are acidic? how so many good foods can be acidic has be confused.

I wouldn't care much about the acidity of foods as a measurement of how healthy they are. And when some talk about the acidity they talk about the actual pH in the food and of course blueberries are acidic then. Eat vegetables and you'll be fine on the acid-base part.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cholesterol.htm

triglycerides were 1.77 - not good either

hdl is 0.94

ldl 3.39

radio 5.5

tot 5.13 = 198

hdl .94 = 36

ldl 3.39 = 131

tri 1.77 = 68

Sorry I think I got the conversions right. For people in the US and I'm not sure where else?

I'm thinking this isn't all that bad as it is below 200

On the high side for a vegan.

Exercise routine will do more than any other thing to rectify those numbers. In my opinion.

While those numbers (and more particularly, the upward trend) are not very good news, please keep something in mind - since you're a vegan, your dietary cholesterol intake is 0. The common reaction to high cholesterol is "watch your diet" - but, with respect to cholesterol, you are literally doing the best you can, which is to take in none at all.

I do not know your weight/average sugar intake/whether you have blood sugar issues, so neither I nor anyone here can tell you whether changes in your diet will cause any significant change in your triglycerides.

Here's what I CAN say: exercise is the only thing you can do to raise HDL cholesterol. You have controlled LDL as much as you can by eliminating your dietary intake of cholesterol.

Here's something a lot of people don't seem to be aware of: many people have a genetic tendency toward high cholesterol and/or triglycerides. Your diet is as low-cholesterol as it can get. If you exercise more, you could raise that HDL a bit, and HDL is highly protective (i.e. an increase of 0.1 in HDL is far better than a decrease of 0.1 in LDL). The sugar issue can come in to play depending on your weight and whether you have any issues (such as a high fasting glucose or impaired glucose tolerance test).

In other words: start exercising regularly, and then you can be confident that your diet and lifestyle are as cholesterol-friendly as they can be. Any issues you have at that point are stemming from your body, not your habits. Don't let people tell you otherwise. I may draw some heat from this community for saying this, but it's true - a zero-cholesterol diet and regular exercise are truly "all you can do". If your numbers are still high at that point, there's nothing dietary left to be done. Depending on further testing, your doctor might suspect things like familial combined hyperlipidemia, which requires medication to control properly. There are myriad enzymes and "helper" proteins involved in lipid metabolism, and some people end up with a slightly off-balance system that will churn out wonky numbers even with an ideal lifestyle. Eating right and exercising regularly aren't enough for certain people's bodies. I'm not saying this is what must be going on in your case, but it is possible, and far more common than many people would think.

• 13 years later...

Hi all, I started to feel pretty bad a while ago. I realized that I had some of the symptoms of covid. I realized that if I was really sick, I needed to start treatment immediately. However, in order to see if I was sick, I decided to go to a lab that you can find out more about by clicking. These guys turned out to be real professionals who did the test for me without any problems and I was able to get the results quickly.