Where I've Been (re-introduction)

Marcina

Hey guys! Some of you may or may not have noticed that I've been MIA for a few months. Well to tell you the truth, I didn't feel like I belonged here anymore. Mostly because I'm not a vegan anymore, and this is a vegan website. I didn't want to insult you all.

Although I eat a vegan diet 90% of the time, the other 10% is eating fish a couple days a week. After I was diagnosed with IBS it was suggested to me to try eating oily fish again to help with the inflammation and cramping in my bowel. It really did help so I kept on doing it.

However, the past few weeks have been pretty rough for me. Stress has caused my dangerbelly to emerge once more and my diet has quickly gone to shit. There were many days where I couldn't eat more than a couple bananas and a bowl of plain oatmeal. I've lost about 5 pounds I estimate but I haven't really weighed myself. I usually drop about 5 pounds when this happens so I'm just guessing really.

I really miss being healthy and I came back here to read some posts to get motivated again to clean up my life. I recently moved as things with my significant other weren't going to well. I'm currently just camping out at my sister's place on the couch.

Every morning I wake up with a stomach ache and it's really tough to even eat breakfast, but I'm determined to get healthy again! The thing I miss most is eating my daily green salad with fresh spinach, peppers, and mushrooms. Raw veggies have been unkind to me these past couple weeks

Also it's worth mentioning that I'm the ONLY one in this household who eats this way! There's about 6 people including me that live in this house. I don't feel like puking when I look at meat anymore, but it's still kinda weird. I cook my own meals and we share veggies as long as there's no butter! Lol!

I usually get put in charge of the salads. They LOVE my salads. Anyways, this is so weird cuz I lived for a year and a half and had NO MEAT in my house at all. Now I open the fridge and see like... bacon.. And it's awkward... But I'm getting used to it. People ask me if I miss eating meat and I can definitely say I DO NOT!! Hahaha!

Anyways, I thought I'd re-introduce myself anyways.

Hope to see you guys around!

M.

Welcome back Marcina.

Sorry to hear about your recent challenges. I was thinking about you recently, thanks for the update.

I hope things improve soon as far as your health, how you feel and other aspects. Thanks for coming back. I've said for a while whether people like it or not....that anyone is welcome here, vegan or not.....it's not a website for vegans or a vegan-only group, it's a forum for anyone. Many of our members are my non-vegan friends who are learning about the vegan lifestyle. I would hate it if they didn't feel comfortable here.

Everyone is always welcome....you have a great history here, we're all happy to see you back!!!!

heya its all good.Im in the same boat budds.I eat eggs from my freinds farm.

Meh...its NO big deal.We live in Canada (B.C the best! haha) and it tough sometimes.

Dont be hard on yourself.You have alot to be proud of!!Your a ray of sunshine.

And everyone here loves ya! fact!

BTW-IBS can be cured no prob (well no easy feat I admit).My freind used to have and so did my ex.There in the clear now.On that note GINGER is your best friend!!

Much love...