I got an animal rights tattoo (could be considered graphic)

Jason X

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs197.snc3/20471_104163216278103_100000532756640_110306_7126846_n.jpg

It's a travis the chimp memorial tattoo. It needs a bit more explaining, because it's more emotional than violent.

basically, it goes like this: 1) when people try to control and enslave (or adopt) wild animals, bad things can happen. You need to be aware of this. I'm not saying that people shouldn't rescue animals, but they're not people. they never will be. Don't give them xanax. bad things will happen. Leave them alone

2) people to completely fucked up things to animals on a several times a day basis. kill them, eat them, enslave them, whathaveyou. doesn't matter. The people at fault are very rarely made to answer for their actions. damn near every time an animal attacks and/or kills a person, it's a matter of finding and killing that animal. Animals rarely make these decisions. they just do the animal thing. I personally can't fault them for it.

Tatiana the tiger. tiger, in a san francisco zoo. 3 kids are throwing rocks at her. she breaks out, stalks them through the zoo and kills one of them and mauls other two. Good on her. that's what they get. Life lessons taught by animals.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/27/tiger.attack/index.html

useful information.

artist: Ania Jalosinska

studio: 3062 in Bayview, Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.thirtysixtytwo.com

she's moving back home to Poland at the end of march, which makes me sad, because I want more work from her. Just not that soon. I did this in 18 hours (of actual tattoo time. 22 hours of tattoo shop time) over two days. It was brutal and awesome.

anyone looking for an amazing tattoo in the milwaukee (or even chicago/twin cities areas) look them up. Her and Lane are fantastic. only potential rival I've seen is MAYBE Uptown tattoo, in mpls, but Lane (co-owner of the shop) is vegan, and therefore wins. and he's got a style that you see and know is his.

ryan, do it! those folks at that shop are great artist, great people, and the studio is absolutely amazing. Also, it looks like I'll be in town again before she moves, are you doing much lifting? and if so, where? last time I was in town I went to Neutral Ground for a session, but are there many options? but again, tyler (the proprieter of NG is vegan and straightedge, so that's another big win)

Man. I love milwaukee. I want back in.

Tatiana the tiger. tiger, in a san francisco zoo. 3 kids are throwing rocks at her. she breaks out, stalks them through the zoo and kills one of them and mauls other two. Good on her. that's what they get. Life lessons taught by animals.

Am I a bad person for laughing?

Very nice tattoo though.

I did this in 18 hours (of actual tattoo time. 22 hours of tattoo shop time) over two days. It was brutal and awesome

18 Hours over 2 days!!! Holy shit, you're a tough bastard

After about 5 hours I tend to get the shakes....

Love that Tatt,

I'm currently getting an animal rights inspired 1/2 sleave with Vervet monkeys...

Still got a way to go.

18 Hours over 2 days!!! Holy shit, you're a tough bastard

After about 5 hours I tend to get the shakes....

I dunno. I'm just really good at that "grin and bear it" thing. I pride myself on my ability to not be stopped. Should come in handy. Rugby practices start wednesday.

Love that Tatt,

I'm currently getting an animal rights inspired 1/2 sleave with Vervet monkeys...

Still got a way to go.

In progress pics and details. Who and where?

I'm still working on some ideas, never had any tattoos done yet, but I've had a feeling that one is in my future, so this may be the impetus to not stall for too long.

Still lifting, primarly at Anytime Fitness in Pewaukee since I can go there late night after work. Not too many places that are accomodating to my weird schedule, so they've been my place of choice this past few years. Never been to Neutral Ground, but I'll have to check it out next time I'm in that area - I hadn't even heard of it before, so thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I complain about the weather here, but I can't leave this area. There's just too much great stuff for the 8 good months of the year we have weather-wise, it's just a matter of getting through the winter and it's all good again!

ryan, do it! those folks at that shop are great artist, great people, and the studio is absolutely amazing. Also, it looks like I'll be in town again before she moves, are you doing much lifting? and if so, where? last time I was in town I went to Neutral Ground for a session, but are there many options? but again, tyler (the proprieter of NG is vegan and straightedge, so that's another big win)

Man. I love milwaukee. I want back in.

• 1 month later...
they just do the animal thing. I personally can't fault them for it.

It seems to me the lack of moral accountability you describe is a good argument for why it is okay to kill an animal for human safety reasons.

that's what they get. Life lessons taught by animals.

Agreed. But note that a tiger could never learn a similar lesson taught by humans. Tatiana wasn't thinking, "is this because I mauled those people?" when they shot her.

There is no moral equivalency between humans and animals even if you want there to be.

I love it. It is morbid, but I love morbid art. Especially morbid and abstract. I will only get a tattoo if it is morbid in some way, because I am more likely to appreciate it in the long run, haha. I am working on an animal rights/atheist combo tattoo with my artist. She isn't vegan, but got all vegan supplies just for me. Right now, my animal rights tattoo just says vegan on my left arm, but it will be expanded into a full sleeve, hopefully soon. I am itching for a partner for my other sleeve.