Oxygen Mag Interview Is Posted On Website Now

veggieprincess

The editor of Oxygen Magazine contacted me and they're doing an interview, picture and Sample Vegan diet on their website of me.

It should be live on their website mid-April. Just the website for now, but what a great opportunity to represent Vegans!!!! I am humbled and honored!

Edited by veggieprincess

I just gotta say...about f*cking time!! I was initially interested in Oxygen as a woman into bodybuilding, but became very, very disenchanted with it after getting a subscription. There was a lot of the same information in there, but what really irked me was the fact that they kept talking about vegetarian/vegan diets as if they were dangerous and something that needed to be carefully watched/calculated or else we'd shrivel up and die. On top of that, there was a lot of misinformation. Two that stick out:

1. Stating that vegetarian protein needed to be watched because it was "very high in fat" and went on to state only nuts as a vegetarian option for protein.

2. Under a list of vegetarian-friendly, high-protein meals, a recipe for a tuna fish sandwich was given.

I could go on about Oxygen, but it wouldn't be pertinent to the thread. What's important is that they're going to have a tight-bodied vegan woman on there with a sample of her diet so the rest of the world can read it and know that we don't live off supplements and walk around emaciated!

• 1 month later...