Vitamix and all the rest...

Fallen_Horse

Of course there are. Kitchenaid has some nice ones that are around $130. I have a model from a few years ago and it works just fine for me. That's like saying Mercedes are the only good cars. It'd be nice to have a 300hp all-wheel-drive luxury sedan. But my 95hp front-wheel drive VW still gets me where I need to go.

Nothing wrong with splurging though. LuckyVitamin currently has the VitaMix 4500 for $375: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-31894-vita-mix-turboblend-blender-4500-black-1-ea

if you're really going to be using the blender enough to WANT a vitamix, then get the vitamix. Otherwise, cheaper models are almost guaranteed to break after a lot of heavy use then you're forced to purchase another, and another, etc. It's worth it for the money, especially as an investment, but only if the use warrants the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
Vitamixes, like exercise bikes and other similar items are always up for sale, used, at a substantial discount in the classifieds. Check out ebay, amazon, craigs list, you local newspapers.

Yeah I would be looking for a substantial discount on the new one if I was to go to Ebay. I dont think that the warranty is transferable. I also would keep in mind that earlier versions allow the original owner to have a 75 dollar credit towards a new one , so they may just be trying to get more then 75 dollars for a blender that doesnt work. Your vitamix does not have to be working to be traded in. Just beware of the DOA policy on the machine from ebay that is not sold on ebay by vitamix.